Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

06 Corolla S
By Big O

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 02 Chevy pickup for this 06 Corolla. We leased it for 0% and then bought it after 36 months for $8900.00. We have 58000 miles on it and it has never failed even at 30 below zero. Some things I thought they (Toyota) would change with the 2010, more interior lights, lighted ignition,better radio. We drive 30 plus miles ever day 7 days a week. We love 30 plus miles per gallon,good ride,nice room inside,good heater. We have had not one thing go wrong, just put gas and oil in it. Toyota Quality!!

Great Little Car
By Mike

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I live in New Mexico and driven this car in every condition possible and every terrain imaginable. Great little car that is comfortable, reliable, and gets outstanding gas mileage. Only had one minor problem and that has been with the headlights. One in particular goes out about every 12 months.

Gas mileage and reliability.

Get rid of the stinking seat belt warning.

Corolla Reliability and Toyota Cust Svc
By Kan88

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the toyota corolla in June 2006 and have 21 K miles on this car. The Car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road trip and had to have the car towed to the nearest toyota leadership as it was under warranty. The ECU (computer) broke and the car would not start and there was a backlog delay of several weeks to get the car repaired. I have contacted Toyota Customer Service for assistance and they covered for cost for towing the car to my home city toyota dealer and co-ordinated with the dealership to have my car fixed.

Excellent Toyota Customer Service , Fuel Economy

Full Size Spare Tire should be included , ABS should be standard , Cars should be recalled to fix the widespread ECU Failure for this model.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Good fuel consumption, overall quality.

The paint chips far too easily.

Rolla not for tall people
By ROLLA

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car and could brag about it for days when it comes to styling, reliability and gas mileage. Here is a list of things I hate about it. The driver's seat does not go back enough. No standard cruise and the standard wipers lack intermittent feature other cars have. The biggest thing is that stupid buzzer for no seat belt. How many times do you get rolling before getting the belt on or want to make a quick stop so you take the belt off before stopping. That stupid buzzer noise drives me nuts. I have driven many cars over the years both newer and older and none of them irritate me like this one.

gas mileage, reliability, styling