Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Not impressed
By Wikoff7

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a lightly used, low mileage Corolla S rental return in Feb, 2006. Mechanically, the car has been fine, mileage good, but the paint quality is poor and the road noise is terrible. Toyota quality is going downhill. I have owned several Toyotas, but this is the the last one I will ever buy, unless Toyota significantly improves quality.

Favorite Features

Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality, improve overall quality. Design swans, not ugly ducklings.

Great Little Car
By scapesuit

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

During warm weather getting 40+ miles per gallon (35 in sub-freezing weather). Never have to worry about it getting me where I need to go. Recommend keeping tires inflated to 30 psi as Toyota recommends.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Fun to drive. Roomy for its size. Fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Six way front seats.

Will NEVER buy again
By Horrible Car

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We were overseas on military orders and ran into problems while under extended warranty at only 30,000 miles. Fought with Toyota for 6 months and received no help until MANUAL transmission stalled on the highway!! UNACCEPTABLE. Laundry list of repairs every time we go in. If you ever have problems with this car and expect good service FORGET IT!! Constantly was accused of not really having the extended warranty and was even charged for warranty work more than once and had to dispute. We are trading it in NEVER to buy a Toyota again.

My Corolla S
By My Toyota Corolla

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 06 corolla s for about one year now and I'm very pleased with it. Before I purchased my car, I was driving a 03 corolla ce. At that time it had 52,000 miles, currently 120,000. I didn't like the BASIC trim with no pwr windows, door locks, cruise, abs, etc. The 03 is in great condition, despite some maintenance that's needed. The 06 s is way better. I love the exterior design with the full body pkg. Rated at 126 hp is not much, but really doesn't feel like 126. I've taken the liberty and placed a v6 badge on the vehicle, of course I raised a few eyebrow's, but hey, why not. Fill the tank with 93oct, and you notice a big difference. Overall I'm satisfied with it. It's a great car.

Favorite Features

The ride quality. Very quiet and smooth. Handling is exceptional. MPG'S.

Suggested Improvements

Improvement's would have to be: Bigger engine and tranny, different choice of rear suspension, maybe a independent rear suspension. More standard safety feature's. More feature's for driver and passenger's.

REAR ENDED GLAD I WAS IN THIS CAR
By gatorsmom

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was rearended 2 weeks ago by a gentleman doing at least 45 MPH while I was at a dead stop. I thought for sure my trunk and the back of my car was demolished but to my surprise not even close. I had some bumper damage and lost my fenders but that was it! I will recommend this car to everyone I know because it is safe.

Favorite Features

Used to be cosmetic but now I would have to say the way it stands up in a collision.