2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
06 XRS
By Tony M. on 04/27/07 23:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Overall the XRS is a great car. It looks and feels sporty. You get great gas mileage combined with performance and looks. The car has great acceleration and handles well on turns. It has a sleeper look so some people may confuse it for an "S" or regular corolla. They'll be surprised. You'll hit 80 mph on the freeway without a sweat. The car is simply a lot of fun to drive.

Great car
By metaxaide on 04/25/07 09:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Dependable with great mileage. Routinely get 30-32 around town and 39-41 mpg on highway.

2006 Toyota Corolla S
By Joe on 04/12/07 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you want a vehicle that is reliable and fun to drive then buy this one. I love the way it handles in all weather. I can honestly say don't wait like I did, buy a Corolla it's worth every penny.

Number one
By jeff hadley on 04/05/07 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the best in its class, hands down! Best in price with air, CD, power mirrors standard and toyota corollas are more dependable according to consumer reports.

2006 Corolla S
By Kathie on 03/23/07 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned the car for a year and have really enjoyed driving it. On a long highway trip, I did reach 40 mpg. Around town I usually average 30-32 with a lot of starts and stops. I love the look of it - the paint color really shines. Performance is great. Haven't had to do any maintenance other than oil changes, no repairs either. Trunk size is very large. Seating very comfortable. Love the sun roof!

My Corolla
By ghfg on 03/14/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The gas mileage I get is 35 mpg. This is excellent. I've always been a fan of Toyota reliability. I am still satisfied with the Corolla.

Toyota Corolla
By Sean on 03/11/07 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The perfect blend of performance and fuel economy. Enough power to handle on-ramps on highways, while not breaking your budget. I bought it 6-8 months ago, and have not had any problems since. It is an economy car, so do not expect it to have perfect interior quality or to keep up with sports cars.

Not worth the trouble
By Janet on 01/20/07 15:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Less than a year and 9000 km after I purchased my 2006 Corolla, my steering pump is broken and it is undriveable. The dealership says the part won't arrive for another month. It's Toyota's policy not to provide a rental car or any transportation for that matter until after 10 days that the part is on backorder. I am stuck without a car for 10 days. There was also another 06 Corolla in for the same problem. I was happy with my 1994 Corolla and not happy with my 2006. Toyota made no effort to salvage our relationship. Saturn and GM both say they provide transportation the same day if they expect a part not to arrive for a month.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Cathleen Foltz on 01/01/07 13:20 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Over the past 25 years I have owned seven different Totota Corollas. I keep them for several years and they have been excellent vehicles. I sell them outright and then buy another one new. I have never been let down and have never made any expensive repairs. One of them I put 65000 miles on and never did anything but change the oil and filter and put gas in the tank and sometimes put air in the tires. The quality of these vehicles speaks for themself. While it is sad that the Japanese build these quality vehicles keeping me from buying American made products, I cannot and will not buy American vehicles. My friends buy American vehicles and have nothing but problems. Go Toyota.

The Best!
By Fisher on 12/23/06 07:32 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking into buying a Camry but found the Corolla loaded for much less! I knew I was going to buy a Toyota and would be happy with it, because I have always had Toyotas and have gotten about 300,000 miles out of each of them! So this Corolla will last me a while I am sure of it! With my automatic I get about 33mpg in mixed driving which is pretty good! I am a big person and I fit well in this car, better than I did in my old 4Runner! They designed this car with a high roofline and command seating, visiblity is very good! I wouldn't trade my Corolla for the world!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.