Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Corolla Reliability and Toyota Cust Svc
By Kan88

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the toyota corolla in June 2006 and have 21 K miles on this car. The Car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road trip and had to have the car towed to the nearest toyota leadership as it was under warranty. The ECU (computer) broke and the car would not start and there was a backlog delay of several weeks to get the car repaired. I have contacted Toyota Customer Service for assistance and they covered for cost for towing the car to my home city toyota dealer and co-ordinated with the dealership to have my car fixed.

Favorite Features

Excellent Toyota Customer Service , Fuel Economy

Suggested Improvements

Full Size Spare Tire should be included , ABS should be standard , Cars should be recalled to fix the widespread ECU Failure for this model.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Favorite Features

Good fuel consumption, overall quality.

Suggested Improvements

The paint chips far too easily.

Rolla not for tall people
By ROLLA

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car and could brag about it for days when it comes to styling, reliability and gas mileage. Here is a list of things I hate about it. The driver's seat does not go back enough. No standard cruise and the standard wipers lack intermittent feature other cars have. The biggest thing is that stupid buzzer for no seat belt. How many times do you get rolling before getting the belt on or want to make a quick stop so you take the belt off before stopping. That stupid buzzer noise drives me nuts. I have driven many cars over the years both newer and older and none of them irritate me like this one.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, reliability, styling

Suggested Improvements

seat, buzzer, wipers

2006 Toyota Corolla LE
By K

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. It has never given me any problems. Only routine maintenance. I love the great fuel economy especially because of high fuel costs. It also handles much better than even the Mustang. My Corolla handles better at 100mph that the Mustang at 75. I love my car and was glad I invested in it

Great mileage and reliability
By happy2own

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The S model is a fun car to drive with great mileage on long trips (up to 41). It gets better mileage than my old 96 with more power. The 5 speed transmission is not the smoothest shifter I've owned but it makes the car seem more powerful. The exterior looks sporty with the body kit, spoiler, and fog lights. The interior has nice build quality and the trunk size is more than proficient. No mechanical problems at all. I've never been to the shop since I change my own oil. I would definitely recommend.

Favorite Features

Looks nice, great mileage (up to 41 MPG), sunroof, trunk space, interior fit and finish, low maintenance costs including cheaper tires. Good acceleration with Manual Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Annoying beeping seat belt indicator (Shut up already!), back seats do not fold completely flat, no trunk opener on keyfob. Grinding shifting sometimes if clutch not completely pushed to floor. Better fit for shorter drivers.