2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Corolla CE was a great choice
By Braswell's on 06/01/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Other than the driver's side side mirrors having blind spots I really love this car. I get 32-35 mpg. Had to replace a belt at 35000 miles. No other problems. This car is as simple as it gets but parts not there won't cause trouble. It won't win any races and if you don't mind not to have power doors or windows and can drive a standard, this could be a great car for you.

Disappointed
By Juamal on 05/18/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle about 1 1/2 year ago for my daughter. After considering several models and wanting a reliable car I went with this model because of its sporty looks and Toyota's reputation. However I am really disappointed with it since it just broke dowm in the middle of the Lincoln tunnel of all places. This vehicle only has 24,000 miles on it. I took it in to Toyota and the service manager says they have been having this problem with some of the 06 model. It has to do with the computer engine. Finally a word of advise if you are not under warranty beware you will be out around $900 if this happens to you. I am very disappointed and seriously considering a trade in.

Great Car
By lovetoyota on 05/06/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car. I drive over 2000 miles a month. Most of the time I get 38 miles to the gal. If I keep it at 65 on interstate I can get up to 43. Great reliability.

Good choice for a long commute
By Jacob King on 04/26/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a great vehicle. After two years, there are no visible problems, and I have been very impressed with its reliability. Interior looks great and it is a comfortable way to make my hour-long commute every morning.

Zippin Thru!
By jujibee on 04/21/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've ever had. (And I've had many.) It is very fun to drive when zipping thru traffic! Very sporty. I've added some things to the car and it looks very nice with added features. The gas is great, about 30-38 mpg! You could easily have the gas light on and still make it a good 10-20 miles! The sound is great, and the air is pretty good. Very reliable, haven't had any problems with the mechanics yet! Automatic locks and windows are great. Love how it locks soon as you put it in drive and unlocks when in park. Pretty roomy to say the car is about 10 ft! Love Love Love this car!

Good value
By Charlie on 04/05/08 23:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lot of power, good acceleration. Easy and fun to drive. 25 to 27 mpg around town, 36 to 38 on the highway. Did get over 41 mpg once.

It's OK
By 2 hour/day commute on 03/30/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I commute 2 hours per day. The car does well in snow, especially considering how light weight it is. The only reason I am considering trading it is that with 50,000 miles, I can still get payoff for a trade in. You can't say that about many cars these days.

Oh my aching back!
By MRI tech on 03/11/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Corolla is like a Timex watch, very reliable. I never worry about it breaking down. I bought this car new and I have only had to do scheduled maintenance. Great gas mileage, 30+. Now for the bad news, very uncomfortable seats, steering wheel does not telescopic, air conditioning hardly blows out at all when in head/foot postion. Defroster takes forever to unfog windshield. I drive an hour each way to work, and my back kills me. The arm rest might as well not exist, it is of no use except for storage. I am presently looking for a "comfortable" car. Why does inexpensive have to hurt so much? Windshield cracks if anything hits it however small.

Best car I ever had
By Ink blue on 03/07/08 11:26 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have used the car for two years and it's a pleasure to ride especially after observing the fuel consumption. The car was selected because of its excellent trim level.

corolla s
By ladycactus on 10/07/07 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am not pleased with this car at all. fuel mileage is 32mpg on hwy. inside noise is to loud, any slight wind blows the car all over the place it's not stable. the factory windshild crack easy with the smallest of pebbles.