2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Good choice for a long commute
By Jacob King on 04/26/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a great vehicle. After two years, there are no visible problems, and I have been very impressed with its reliability. Interior looks great and it is a comfortable way to make my hour-long commute every morning.

Zippin Thru!
By jujibee on 04/21/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've ever had. (And I've had many.) It is very fun to drive when zipping thru traffic! Very sporty. I've added some things to the car and it looks very nice with added features. The gas is great, about 30-38 mpg! You could easily have the gas light on and still make it a good 10-20 miles! The sound is great, and the air is pretty good. Very reliable, haven't had any problems with the mechanics yet! Automatic locks and windows are great. Love how it locks soon as you put it in drive and unlocks when in park. Pretty roomy to say the car is about 10 ft! Love Love Love this car!

Good value
By Charlie on 04/05/08 23:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lot of power, good acceleration. Easy and fun to drive. 25 to 27 mpg around town, 36 to 38 on the highway. Did get over 41 mpg once.

It's OK
By 2 hour/day commute on 03/30/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I commute 2 hours per day. The car does well in snow, especially considering how light weight it is. The only reason I am considering trading it is that with 50,000 miles, I can still get payoff for a trade in. You can't say that about many cars these days.

Oh my aching back!
By MRI tech on 03/11/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Corolla is like a Timex watch, very reliable. I never worry about it breaking down. I bought this car new and I have only had to do scheduled maintenance. Great gas mileage, 30+. Now for the bad news, very uncomfortable seats, steering wheel does not telescopic, air conditioning hardly blows out at all when in head/foot postion. Defroster takes forever to unfog windshield. I drive an hour each way to work, and my back kills me. The arm rest might as well not exist, it is of no use except for storage. I am presently looking for a "comfortable" car. Why does inexpensive have to hurt so much? Windshield cracks if anything hits it however small.

Best car I ever had
By Ink blue on 03/07/08 11:26 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have used the car for two years and it's a pleasure to ride especially after observing the fuel consumption. The car was selected because of its excellent trim level.

corolla s
By ladycactus on 10/07/07 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am not pleased with this car at all. fuel mileage is 32mpg on hwy. inside noise is to loud, any slight wind blows the car all over the place it's not stable. the factory windshild crack easy with the smallest of pebbles.

disappointed with the big T
By 2006 black S model on 06/07/07 16:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Finally broke down and got a new car last year. It's riddled with rattles, loud and not too comfy on long trips. Great gas mileage!! Good power, even in the mountains. Won't be looking at Toyotas again.

Easy car to drive
By Barbara Ware on 05/26/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Relatively easy car to manuever in city, good gas mileage, economical to operate, just a good all around car for the money.

06 XRS
By Tony M. on 04/27/07 23:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Overall the XRS is a great car. It looks and feels sporty. You get great gas mileage combined with performance and looks. The car has great acceleration and handles well on turns. It has a sleeper look so some people may confuse it for an "S" or regular corolla. They'll be surprised. You'll hit 80 mph on the freeway without a sweat. The car is simply a lot of fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.