2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
40 MPG and Fun to Drive!
By Sparky1954 on 08/24/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've had this car close to 30 months now and it has been great. The smaller engine is offset by the 5-spd manual and decent handling for the price. Not a single problem yet. But to top it off the mileage is great! We just completed a round trip between San Jose, CA to Vancouver, WA and put over 1500 miles on the car. I tracked the mileage very close and we got 40.2 mpg for the whole trip! Now I need to say we don't speed but drive the posted speed limit (55, 65, 70). We used A/C for a 85% and this total included climbing hill, mountains and around town drives. So obey the posted limits, set the cruise control and enjoy the money you save!

Great compact car
By Kathleen36 on 08/13/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Drives very smooth and after 6000 rpms speeds up quite a bit. Its easy to park and has a nice interior for a cheaper compact car. Overall, I love driving it and haven't had a single problem so far!

My 2006 Toyota Corolla CE w/ Man. Trans.
By Dean on 07/12/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice compact car. It is small, but rides nice. It's easy to park in tight places and will fit in any garage. It is easy to drive. For a small engine, it does have some pep. I would recommend this car as excellent transportation for those who are not large people, want the best car for the money, and those who want a car that will last them for many years without trouble.

A Car For These Times
By simpson on 07/11/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The fact that (on purpose) over twice I have almost run out of gas to check mileage should help me brag on the 40 mpg of this little one. What a plus! I do not feel comfortable driving in windy times, as the car feels very shaky on the road when the wind or an 18 wheeler whizzes by. I don't feel safe in it in the way of being protected in case of an accident -- but, I do feel it is extremely dependable, economic, and the body style makes it undesirable, so far, for those who would want to take other cars :) - it is difficult to see to the right when making a turn - due to the seat/door panel, a safety concern.

2006 XRS
By whatduhbabeh on 07/05/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car, I love the gas mileage even though it only takes premium. I average about 31 no matter how I drive. It seems very reliable; I had nonstop problems with my VW GTI before this car. The interior looks great at night. It is a lot of fun to drive. I can't get enough of driving around town even with the ridiculous gas prices. I feel like this car got me hooked on Toyotas. I will likely get another Toyota as my next car whenever that may be. I did a lot of research before I bought this car and I am very happy with my decision.

I got a brand new LEMON!
By erin on 07/03/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After reading so many other reviews, I'm convinced I got a Corolla reject! Door hinges started to come apart after a few months. I paid $700 extra for that paint protection, undercoating crap (I know, I know, my own fault). The paint scratches off when my nails hit it lightly on the trunk. I have lots of paint chips where rust is coming through! Not in places where stones could even hit it! Now, my alloy wheels are rusting from the inside and look all bubbly. There is an annoying *ping* when pulling out of a parking space that makes everyone in the parking lot turn and look. I'm so disappointed in the quality of this car. I'm dumping it now that I'm out of warranty!

A cute small car!
By 64alpha on 06/21/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

What a nice car! Honestly, I have 76000 miles on it from 2 years of buying it. I bought this car for commuting reasons so size and looks is not a prob. The MPG is really awesome for the car. For the money, the Corolla is much better than the Yaris. Has more hp, about the same gas mileage, and nice looks. Compared to the 09 model, the Yaris is a much better choice for the $$. But for the 06 and all other years with this look, the Corolla is it! The chairs are a little stiff compared to our 08 Toyota Prius hybrid's chairs. There is 1 little thing that I am disappointed about the Corolla, the tank size! It has a 13 gal tank and takes $58 to fill from empty light (not that good for a small car!).

Good but not great
By Pat on 06/13/08 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new with optional cruise control, side airbags and sunroof. Extra cost somewhat high. Have to hold on tight to steering wheel on windy days. So far dealership has replaced squeaky belt and engine computer chip-after check engine light went on, luckily still under warranty. Paint chips easily.

Corolla CE was a great choice
By Braswell's on 06/01/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Other than the driver's side side mirrors having blind spots I really love this car. I get 32-35 mpg. Had to replace a belt at 35000 miles. No other problems. This car is as simple as it gets but parts not there won't cause trouble. It won't win any races and if you don't mind not to have power doors or windows and can drive a standard, this could be a great car for you.

Disappointed
By Juamal on 05/18/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle about 1 1/2 year ago for my daughter. After considering several models and wanting a reliable car I went with this model because of its sporty looks and Toyota's reputation. However I am really disappointed with it since it just broke dowm in the middle of the Lincoln tunnel of all places. This vehicle only has 24,000 miles on it. I took it in to Toyota and the service manager says they have been having this problem with some of the 06 model. It has to do with the computer engine. Finally a word of advise if you are not under warranty beware you will be out around $900 if this happens to you. I am very disappointed and seriously considering a trade in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.