Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

06rollaxrs
By 06rollaxrs

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car, it is pretty surprising how quick this car is! Also loving the gas mileage! Handles amazing. I'd line it up against a stock Civic si vtec, or a stock mustang gt, at anytime! Already beat both! All I can say is wow!

Favorite Features

6 spd manual trans, vvtl-i engine, 6 disc in dash cd player. and the overall look of the car itself

Suggested Improvements

I really have no complaints as of now. I would love it if it had leather interior. That's about it.

Good car but has quality issues
By Kan110

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have purchased this car in 06/2006 and had driven less than 9K miles per year. The car suddenly stopped on the highway with 18 K miles on it, the issue has been traced to a faulty ECU (Computer) and did some research on the internet and it seems to be a common problem for this model. I have called Toyota customer service and they have taken care of the towing costs to my home town and replaced the part as it was still under warranty.

Favorite Features

Low Maintenance, used to be a reliable car until the ECU problem.

Suggested Improvements

Full Spare Tire should be included for the LE Package.

Feel Safe With the Toyota Name
By lynn

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the nice comfortable ride, and low engine noise. The radio isn't all that bad either for this model. The only thing I would change is the annoying seat belt warning, and add the power package to all the cars no matter what model. I'll definitely be taking it in to get power door locks put in this week. Other than that, it's a great little car so far, with no other complaints.

Favorite Features

quiet, comfortable reliable car

Suggested Improvements

Please get rid of the seat-belt warning and also put power windows, and door locks in all your models.

Perfect first car
By tu2010

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car used last year as my first car and love every minute driving it. It's a fun little car to drive with a peppy gas pedal. Very comfortable, spacious, gas mileage is not as great(30mpg). Had many near accidents and the brakes saved my life. I drive very rough with this car but hasn't fallen apart yet. I get a lot of compliments on the color. (It's light green)Plan to have it for the next 6-7 years. Would definitely recommend this to ALL college students or anyone's choice for their first car.

Favorite Features

Love the sound system, good turning radius, nice style and quiet engine.

Suggested Improvements

Highway noise is loud but i just blast my music up. It stinks to have manual windows and locks

06 Corolla S
By Big O

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 02 Chevy pickup for this 06 Corolla. We leased it for 0% and then bought it after 36 months for $8900.00. We have 58000 miles on it and it has never failed even at 30 below zero. Some things I thought they (Toyota) would change with the 2010, more interior lights, lighted ignition,better radio. We drive 30 plus miles ever day 7 days a week. We love 30 plus miles per gallon,good ride,nice room inside,good heater. We have had not one thing go wrong, just put gas and oil in it. Toyota Quality!!