2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: 3rd one is the last one

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

3rd one is the last one
By Flatlander on

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my '87 Corolla...had it 11 years (bought it used). 30 mpg when I retired it. 2000: great: 38 mpg when I traded it for this piece of crap: tranny replaced at 96K, just told I need a new radiator. Brake pedal winks when the AC is on (dealer told me it was normal). I only get 32 mpg at best (stick shift!, not my driving. I got 41 mpg on a rented Cobalt). Radio jumps stations (already replaced when the CD player got jammed). Car is too big: too many blind spots compared to older models. Back head rests block rear view (as did the 2000), removed and stored for trade-in. Even the paint on the body below the door isn't smooth. Seats don't go down fully (overstuffed).

Sun roof. Nothing else. I hate this car!

Replace back head rests w/ a Honda/Volvo style...w/a hole int he middle so the driver can see through them. Improve your quality: TQM is not RFT! Reduce the stuffing the rear seats so they lay down flatter.