2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Buy it
By charleym3 on 05/23/11 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got the base model, no electric anything. Only added option was cruise control. After 115K miles, the only thing that has gone wrong is the CC switch for 80$. Tires don't last as long as I would like. I do all of the required maintenance and it keeps going and going. I'm getting better mileage than EPA extimates, 37-38 in city driving.

The average car
By Scheets on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it used a few years ago with 50,000 or so miles on it. I now have around 105,000 miles. So far it has been pretty reliable. We have not had any major problems so far. The engine still runs well, the transmission shifts smoothly in all temps and weather conditions. The audio system isn't great, but acceptable. The interior has a decent amount of space for a small car, and the trunk is pretty big. Road noise is average, but I always have music playing. Heat and A/C still work great. It has a very awkward steering wheel position and the handling is not very good. The gas is very touchy.

What Else Could Happen?
By Jayris on 09/01/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, so before I fell out of love with this car, I loved it. No problems came along. Nothing what so ever. Now its a different story. Since the beginning of last year, I've numerous problems out "Toyota's best selling car". First was my drive belt or serpentine belt, whatever that is. Then my transmission started acting weird, so I had the fluids changed and still the same problem. Now its the brakes. My rotors are in bad condition with extremely heavy pulsation and shaking when braking. I've had service done about three times for the same problem and it still continues. Now there's a recall out. What else could go wrong!? Sometimes I wish that I'd never purchased this car.

First, last and only.
By jehu on 08/13/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say, you get what you pay for. While the car is very dependable and gets good mileage why do the windshield washers freeze, even with good quality washer fluid? Why do the rain gutters insist on failing to do there job? Why does it take so long to heat the cabin in winter? Why Toyota, why, this is supposed to be the magic carpet ride of automobiles, the unfailing Toyota Motor Co. The title of my review says it all.

Not as good as i thought?
By junior on 08/10/10 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had since '06 and been reliable except for the following. Had to have all brakes put on at 65k and I'm easy with the brake pedal so not sure why I'd need new brakes already but ole well. Horn stopped working after 45k miles. Needing tires now but thats a wear and tear item. They held up quite well knowing I have them still on and the car has 71k on it. Lights keep going out here and there. License plate light and one of the front hi beams keeps going out for some reason. The flashers don't work and haven't since 48k miles. Not sure why? The dealer said it a electrical problem and my warranty wouldn't cover it. Other than that no major issues. Engine fine for now. Thank god!

Mixed bag
By N on 07/06/10 23:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got the used car in 2008. High resale value bites both ways, doesn't lose much value when selling, but ain't getting as much as competitor cars when buying. Decent build quality, but some haphazard metalwork and greasing present, probably clogged door's drain hole. Car is relative quiet and comfortable, but steering feels artificial, especially when hard turning corners; feels like wheel orientation and steering don't match up. Rattling present at 30K, unacceptable for Toyota. Lot of blind sides when backing up; lot of newer cars seem to have similar problems (trunk too high, pillar too thick, window too small). Bumpers can't take a hit. Reliable but disappointing purchase.

I love this car, but I wish ...
By spacedude86 on 06/02/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It's reliable, it's sort of fun to drive, and it gets great gas mileage. I wish I hadn't gotten the CE base model though, because it lacks power windows, doors, and cruise control. I had to have the cruise control installed aftermarket. It started making this weird sound every time I started it up, that would go away after a while. Ran great, no problems. Then my girlfriend bought a Lexus (Toyota motor) and it made the same sound, so I stopped worrying about it. If you want a great little commuter car that is super reliable, then this is your car.

3rd one is the last one
By Flatlander on 05/29/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my '87 Corolla...had it 11 years (bought it used). 30 mpg when I retired it. 2000: great: 38 mpg when I traded it for this piece of crap: tranny replaced at 96K, just told I need a new radiator. Brake pedal winks when the AC is on (dealer told me it was normal). I only get 32 mpg at best (stick shift!, not my driving. I got 41 mpg on a rented Cobalt). Radio jumps stations (already replaced when the CD player got jammed). Car is too big: too many blind spots compared to older models. Back head rests block rear view (as did the 2000), removed and stored for trade-in. Even the paint on the body below the door isn't smooth. Seats don't go down fully (overstuffed).

06rollaxrs
By 06rollaxrs on 03/25/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car, it is pretty surprising how quick this car is! Also loving the gas mileage! Handles amazing. I'd line it up against a stock Civic si vtec, or a stock mustang gt, at anytime! Already beat both! All I can say is wow!

Good car but has quality issues
By Kan110 on 03/21/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have purchased this car in 06/2006 and had driven less than 9K miles per year. The car suddenly stopped on the highway with 18 K miles on it, the issue has been traced to a faulty ECU (Computer) and did some research on the internet and it seems to be a common problem for this model. I have called Toyota customer service and they have taken care of the towing costs to my home town and replaced the part as it was still under warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.