Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

2006 Corolla CE (CE stands for Christ's Evangelist in my case)
By dougiedouglas

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a musician for Jesus and travel all over to preach and play. Lots of room in the back, seat goes down, can carry all my equip. Rides nice, mileage is great (beats the heck out of my Dodge Caravan) I get alot of compliments on the color..."sea foam mist." Audio is good. Im really glad I got blessed with this. I bought it at 44,000 miles and at 49,000 miles the serpentine belt started squealing from having cracks in it. They normally need to be replaced at 50,000 miles and up so that's cool. Gault Toyota replaced it reasonably and I got a shuttle ride home and back the next day. I'd love to get a prius next or a toyota convertible. Peace, in Christ...Dougie Douglas

the color, the outside temperature reading, the screaming seat belt reminder, and the back seat going down.

power windows and locks on all models and cruise control.

My first Toyota
By ruffy25

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At age 58 and having owned maybe 20 cars, this is my first Toyota and I do not regret it. I bought it on it's reputation for reliability and life-span, and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and performance. The 1.8L gives decent acceleration, I had a concern that because of my driving habits, which consist of a 1.5 mile trip to the store, shut off, re-start and come home totals 3 miles of driving about 4 times a week that eventually the battery would not re-charge from not enough driving. But after 5 months: no problem. I have of course taken longer trips, but what I described sometimes goes on for a month. Complaint: no trunk-open on remote entry.

Remote entry, (except no trunk button), very well performing A/C (where I live 105+ is not uncommon) and I have no place to park out of sun but it cools car quickly. Power adjust mirrors, side air-bags

Not only does the remote have no trunk button, a valet, or anybody that managed to get inside car,can get in trunk because of a mechanical lever by gas-filler door open. A thief could smash the driver window and have the trunk open in 5 seconds, before I could react to alarm from inside my home. So I simply keep nothing of value there, but I wish I could because the wife needs very expensive special medical equipment and I can not keep spare/emergency devices in car for that reason.

Reliable but boring
By costeld

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I started driving my 06 Corolla about 1.5 yrs ago. It had 135K on it when I started (belongs to a company I work for) and now has over 200K. I drive everywhere from the highway at around 80 mph to long, windy, bumpy country driveways where I have to carefully pick a route around boulders, dips, bumps and puddles to avoid high centering. I drive the car like a New York city cab in town (time is a crucial part of job) and I often drive 50-60 mph on gravel roads. Car has held up extremely well! When I get home from a 400 mile during spring break up I am surprised the car held together. When i leave the next morning the car is unphased by the day before. Very robust car!

Reliability, ease of entry/exit, quite at highway speeds.

No personality. "An appliance on wheels". Looks dated (body style was released March of 2002). Plain interior. Front bumper cover flimsy and does not withstand slight impact (I cracked the lower portion below license plate going over rough snow in a driveway). Mine goes through front pads and rotors about every 30K (might be due to driving habits). Drifts and vibrates severely over washboard especially under load i.e. going up hills. Puny tire size (185): potholes seem severe when compared to a vehicle equipped with 235 or 245. Rims bend easily when inadvertantly hitting submerged pothole on unfamiliar roads. No standard ABS! What? Fan kicks on frequently and repeatedly when at idle.

Love it, love it, love it,will buy another if this one ever dies
By derhamjustin

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

wonderful car, awesome mpg, reliable, 63,000 miles and have done nothing but change the oil, comfortable, surprisingly roomy. will buy another one IF this one ever dies, or perhaps upgrade to a camry. would recommend to ANYONE, buy this car and you will not be disappointed.

cold, cold a/c, location of all controls extremely convenient

none

Have loved every mile!
By ohionative74

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it new in 2006. I have put 120K mostly highway miles on it in the last 6 years. The original Bridgestone tires were good until 75K w/regular rotations. The brakes were replaced at 118K, not b/c they were squeaking, but b/c the fronts needed it soon, hubby did all 4 at one time. Check engine light came on at 78K, ECM in transmission went bad and was covered in a recall. Check engine light came on at 119K, ECM software glitch, no fix yet, but the light is out, car is driving fine, and the fix will be free when it is ready for download at my dealership. I have been very satisfied with this car. Least favorite aspect of Toyota build is the paint...it chips easily.

Reliability is huge for me. Love to have a car that is on the road, not in the shop. Gas mileage, usually 38mpg. Easy to park.

Paint needs an upgrade. The hood is riddled with chips I have fixed with touch up paint. It is light, so you feel tossed around on the highway, until you get used to it. I think this attributes to the gas mileage though and the long wear on the tires/brakes, so not sure I would change this.