Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

First Toyota
By Mary Earman

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wish that my Corolla would get better gas mileage. I have had it for a month and now get 24 miles to the gallon. Hopefully, after it is broken in, it will do better. The reason I purchased it was to save on gas and good resale and durability. I plan to keep it a long time. Should have gotten automatic door locks because it is impossible to get into the back seat with a key. It does get blown around on the highway a bit. Does great around town! I really do like my new car.

Favorite Features

Lever on the floor by the driver's side to open the trunk and the gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests with center open. Easier opening for back doors without automatic locks.

Smooth and dependable.
By Rob F

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Never had a beef w/ Toyota. This truly is a baby-lexus. Fully loaded, It's a higher price compared to competitors, but worth every penny. My only regret is not opting for manual trans.

Favorite Features

6-disc cd changer in dash, automatic headlights, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the steering wheel out more, or perhaps just offer an extension if possible.

Mrs. Destiny!
By Mamasgirl215

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Life with my new car (destiny) is great. 2006 Toyota Corolla LE, it drives so great! The gas mileage I have to say is the best, I say, I fill up maybe once every 2 weeks. The tank takes about 11 gallons, so on an average 30.00, on 3.19 a gallon. I love my car, the driving is great, its a dream! I would reccommend Toyota in general to anyone, and its my first new, new car! I love it! Good luck!

Favorite Features

My CD Player.. haha.. and the gas mileage of course!

Great deal!
By BMW

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently got this car from my parents as a going to school car and for my personal use. For the money, this car is great! This car is pretty much the best thing you can get for your money. This car is loaded with features for the price you pay. The few flaws it has are absolutely obsolete. It's extremely comfortable and supportive and the performance is surprisingly good for a 4 cylinder. The throttle is very responsive and the ride is very comfortable and relatively sporty.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, interior design, performance, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel, have rear seats fold down further, be able to actually turn off your lights at night.

Great car, Great Value!
By FratGuy03

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Corolla S 5 speed for one week and have put 1000 miles on it. This car is great! Great fuel economy, good performance and very comfortable to drive. The car has an awesome suspension and drives great on the highway as well as on the back roads. I am 26 and used to think that Toyotas were boring... now I think the value and reliability of the Corolla are paramount.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission brings this car to life! Real aluminum wheels, not just hubcaps. Keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

ABS and side airbags should be standard. Keyless entry should beep the horn when doors are locked, and should have a feature to 'pop' the trunk. Factory sound system (non-JBL) could be better... but thats what aftermarket speakers are for.