2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
2006 Toyota Carolla CE Automatic
By seesaw on 10/17/05 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Found the Driver's seat is a bit loose on its track. It shifts back on acceleration. There is a rattling noise in the trunk when Corolla rolls over a deep pothole. Is it a loose spare tire equipment? The outside air vent blow warm air into cabin when the temperature thermostat is set to its coldest position and the outside air is so much cooler. Default CD Stereo system does not play MP3 audio files. Flimsy release latches for trunk and fuel filling lid on driver's side floor.

Great Car
By Jason on 10/16/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Corrolla gets 33mpg driving alot of small trips. Anyway this car has a lot of pep for engine size/fuel economy. Also, it looks cool. The body kit really makes it look good. The interior is preety cool in black and a leather steering wheel. Features are are great for an entry level car. Lots of room.

Great Car
By Ralph on 10/14/05 09:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After having the car for only 2 weeks I was rear ended. Being at a stop and getting hit by a car going 20 MPH. Only $1200 in damage. Have to say it held up real well. It is not as nice to drive as my last vehicle (top of the line Chevy 1500) but good gas mileage and comfortable. Plenty of room for wife and 2 kids. Great trunk size.

Love it
By Betsey on 10/13/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having been an owner of a 97 Camry, I love this car. It's not much smaller inside, but rides better. Very comfortable.

Love it
By Julie on 10/13/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The air broke the first week and I went ballistic but they fixed it, it was too much freon for goodness sake it was overcharging. I've had a 00 corolla so I don't anticipate any more problems. These cars sell themselves in LA for reliability. Look for breakdowns on the freeway, you'll see big models all makes, but seldom if ever will you see a Corolla and that's why I stick with it.

THE CAR TO BUY!!!
By BIG BARGAIN BOB on 10/07/05 07:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Starting in 1975 when we bought our first Corolla and up to now we have owned 4 of them. This is the best ever plenty of power, unless your a race car driver at Daytona. We have had the car 1 week along with our 2000 Toyota Echo, so I can't speak about mileage yet! But I can say the car is great in every respect, Good body fit, quiet ride, interior design could not be better. Of course the bottom line is Corolla quality, its gas miser appetite, and consistent high resale value!!

Dangerous in High Winds
By FrankLloyd on 10/04/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Basic transportation at best. It is not built to the quality level of Honda. High Wind / Rain on the highway blow the vehicle all over the road, and provides for tense driving. Two hands on the wheel are mandatory. The car "sails" with virtually no feel of the road in rain conditions. Numerous dash rattles, squealing brakes, and a front driver's seat which doesn't sit in the track properly are primary complaints.

I hate new cars-but love my new Toyota
By Kathryn on 10/04/05 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I waited a long time to buy a new car, but finally decided to take the plunge. Picked the Toyota Corolla for reliability, gas mileage and looks. A little on the pricey side for a base model, but with gas prices the way they are, you can't beat the gas mileage I am getting from this car! The outside is nice and neat. The car handles nicely and for a 4-cylinder 1.8 - it can move! Interior is laid out nicely - driver seating takes some getting used to though, hard to adjust. The trunk cargo space is very good for a small car. Love the flip down passenger seats for extra cargo space. All in all, I have come to really love my new ride!

Great Car
By kptak17 on 09/30/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently switched from driving a truck, so my opinions are skewed a bit. I personally don't like being low to the pavement or the small mirrors compared to what my truck used to be, but the gas milage is awesome! It's a sharp looking car with a comfortable ride. The positives far outweigh the two negatives I mentioned earlier, but those are due to the change in vehicle type, I would be saying that about any car that I would have chosen. I recommend this car.

A great car for the money
By Jeff on 09/27/05 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, no surprise it has no problems its a TOYOTA. Have had it for 3 months now, great fuel economy (38 mpg on the highway last trip). The interior is high quality and nothing like an entry level domestic model. With the sunroof and 6 disc changer in the dash its a nice little car to commute to and from work, as well as a trip up the coast for vacation. My last toyota was 11 years old and had 219,00 miles on it and never went to the shop except for oil changes and a few sets of tires and brakes, I know this car will be as reliable as that, thanks toyota for building a car that is truly worry free.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.