Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Good but pricey!!!
By PKS

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car! Very reliable, drives and brakes smooth, great mileage, good trunk space.

Favorite Features

The economy, reliability, smoothness and the reputation (resale value).

Suggested Improvements

1. Trunk release on the key. 2. The seat needs to be a little more comfortable. 3. The exterior look - the front looks snub nosed whereas the rear looks too thick. 4. Wanted burgundy color, could not find it. 5. Lower the price by another $500 or add an ABS at the existing price.

I love my little red car!
By Dede

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car. I have had her for 3 months and commute 52 miles a day during the week on the highway, and I am very happy with my decision to buy this car! I test drove a few other cars (including the Honda Civic) but I liked the way this one felt the best. I felt like I had the most control with this car.

Favorite Features

MPG, color, sound system, AC, feeling of dependibility.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see side airbags become standard, a place to plug in an MP3 player, an interior light that comes on automatically, and possibly the ability to have a little more leg room.

First Toyota
By Mary Earman

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wish that my Corolla would get better gas mileage. I have had it for a month and now get 24 miles to the gallon. Hopefully, after it is broken in, it will do better. The reason I purchased it was to save on gas and good resale and durability. I plan to keep it a long time. Should have gotten automatic door locks because it is impossible to get into the back seat with a key. It does get blown around on the highway a bit. Does great around town! I really do like my new car.

Favorite Features

Lever on the floor by the driver's side to open the trunk and the gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests with center open. Easier opening for back doors without automatic locks.

Smooth and dependable.
By Rob F

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Never had a beef w/ Toyota. This truly is a baby-lexus. Fully loaded, It's a higher price compared to competitors, but worth every penny. My only regret is not opting for manual trans.

Favorite Features

6-disc cd changer in dash, automatic headlights, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the steering wheel out more, or perhaps just offer an extension if possible.

Mrs. Destiny!
By Mamasgirl215

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Life with my new car (destiny) is great. 2006 Toyota Corolla LE, it drives so great! The gas mileage I have to say is the best, I say, I fill up maybe once every 2 weeks. The tank takes about 11 gallons, so on an average 30.00, on 3.19 a gallon. I love my car, the driving is great, its a dream! I would reccommend Toyota in general to anyone, and its my first new, new car! I love it! Good luck!

Favorite Features

My CD Player.. haha.. and the gas mileage of course!