2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Whoo!
By Joey on 01/02/06 01:35 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good reliable car with great gas mileage but driving this car needs to be more comfortable. Driving in the driver seat is not to comfortable. Gas, brake, and clutch pedals are to close together. Sometimes step on 2 pedals at once. But overall happy with this car. Don't have to put gas in this car all the time like the Mustang I had before. Nice & quiet ride and good power on the freeway. Able to pass lots of cars.

My Corolla
By Pete on 12/30/05 13:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have over 6,000 miles on my Corolla, and am still happy with it. Engine performance is more than adequate, in fact it will actually spin the front tires from a stand- still on black top. Shifting is extremely smooth, (automatic trans). Fuel mileage is extremely good. On my second fuel up, but only on highway driving, I achieved 40.3 miles per gallon. I must confess that I was driving "GrandMa style", since the car had very few miles. I was still very impressed. Overall, and typically Toyota, this car is a great value, with Lexus quality. Perfect fit and finish, comfortable seating for 4 adults, with styling that doesn't lift anyone's eyebrow. It's a conservative car looking car. I like.

Boring but nice
By mmmodem on 12/30/05 03:41 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When you buy a Corolla, you know you're not getting a sporty chick magnet kind of vehicle. You're getting a safe reliable car that will get you from point A to point B in comfort. And the Corolla does that just fine. The engine is extremely loud at low speeds. Brakes are not that great but acceptable. Handling is subpar. But the engine does calm down a lot at cruising speeds and the car becomes luxury like quiet. Bumps and rattles are nonexistent, it's a very smooth ride. There's lots of headroom due to the car being so tall. It's taller than a Camry. The intrument panel illumination is a very clear and bright white but it doesn't match the green from the stereo and HVAC controls.

The Best I've Owned
By John Palazzini on 12/29/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best economy car that I have ever owned. Its comfortable, sporty looking, handles well and you can't beat the gas mileage at 38 miles per!!!!

My Corolla
By denise on 12/26/05 12:20 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been selling Toyotas for 7 years and never realized what a great car Corolla is! I love mine! I drove a Celica for 4 years and Corolla S performs as well with more interior space and visibilty.

Buy It You Will Like It!
By Pauldo on 12/23/05 16:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Without a doubt, this is one of the best Toyota products I have ever purchased in the past 35 years. I have owned many Toyotas as well as one Honda and this car by far is outstanding. The build quality and features for the money are worth every the price. The double air tight insulation is also great as road noise is not heard. This 2006 Toyota S is just as quiet as my 1999 Toyota Camry which is a very quiet car.

Nice Car
By Mily on 12/17/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm really happy with my purchase. I love the quality of Toyota. The ride is smooth, with nice pep to the engine. Car is also roomy for a four person family.

Fun and Great gas mileage
By Eric Howell on 12/12/05 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car just for the fuel mileage we have several cars and trucks but none good on fuel. I have been pleased with the mileage so far with only 1300 miles on it I have gotten low 30's to 39.2 mpg. This car will move considering it's small engine, it will bury the speedo with no problem. I have no problems with rattles or road noise at all very quite and comfortable. It does blow around a bit in higher winds but it's a very light car. I was worried about the warm starting problems that I read about on boards with the 05 models, so far no problem at all on this or anything else. I am a big guy and have two kid's we all have enough room. Would I do it again? YES!

What a nice car
By itchyscratchy on 12/08/05 12:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the CE manual because I wanted an econo car that was reliable. Man, did I get one. It's beautiful, it's blue, it's a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Let me mention the price- $13.8K out the door - and this was AFTER I bought insurance at the dealer for the 1st month. This car is awesome. It's pretty - has a great sound system, though only a 1 disc CD, it's not slow at all, and it gets amazing gas mileage. I've only owned GM cars previously. Never again. I'm keeping this car for a long time. Only gripes: no side airbags, rolldown windows- my fault because I wanted cheap. Could have gotten them. If you want a great car for a great price, you won't be sorry with this one

Great but..............
By OhwhatUdotome on 12/07/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far after 1700 miles I only HATE 2 things. 1. The pedals for gas/brake/shifting were designed only for people with size 5 or smaller shoes. My Size 13's are constanly getting tangled in the tiny pedals. 2. Shifting into 2nd gear seems to be a challenge for this clutch as it tends to grind loudly unless the pedal is press extra hard to the floor when shifting. I would buy and automatic possibly but never a manual with this pedal dimensions and clutch.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.