Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Does'nt get advertised gas mileage
By Larry Guice

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Vehicle is nice, but it does'nt get anywhere the gas mileage that was advertized

Favorite Features

Does'nt have any Electric perks that some of the similar cars have, but then again I'M not lazy, I can roll my own windows down...it would be nice however to have cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Don't lie to people about the Gas Mileage...Tell the truth

Excellent vehicle
By onlytoyotas

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla for two months. It is an excellent vehicle for driving around town. I haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but 30 miles on the highway felt fine. Seating and steering wheel positioning is a bit tricky, but I found a position I'm happy with. I definitely like the feel of driving it, it handles nicely, and feels secure. The seats on the LE have a nice soft feel. The heating and A/C work great. The gas mileage so far has been similar to rated mileage - about 30 in overall driving (drive up hills a lot). I got the LE for invoice which I was happy about. A couple of small things - car dings pretty easily, and a very annoying seat belt ding. Otherwise very happy.

Favorite Features

Feel of driving - solid and smooth. Peace of mind with reliability. Relatively inexpensive to own. Nice stereo - with text.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the body - dings too easily (paint chips also). I have to park under trees and have three dings on hood and top from beech nuts. Seat belt buzzer should stop after a few seconds without coming back on - quite annoying, but forces you to put on your seat belt. Side air bags.

Smooth
By Phantom

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this Corolla S for about 3 months now and by far this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. The ride quality superb, the interior is very spacious and appealing. You can't find a better looking car for under $18000. I was looking into a Scion TC but a TC with the all the options on the Corolla S was close to $22000. To sum it up: Test drive one. period.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling... Build quality.. Reliability.. Looks great with 19" wheels..

Suggested Improvements

Wider power band.. Make the instrumentation light up one color instead of like 3..

Very Happy
By Dan

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Car I've bought brand new. And I was nervous at first, but after dealing with Toyota and seeing how good of a car the Corolla is I consider myself very lucky to have a Corolla. Its resale is good, doesnt lose much value, and you rarely hear of issues with any Toyota... I recently drove my car on a 3300km trip and after the trip I didnt find myself tired of drivig it. Is a fun car with alot of jump for its size.

Favorite Features

Sound System, handling, jump, mileage, style...

Suggested Improvements

MP3 should be Standard, Seat belt beep is to long, and middle arm rest is to low.

Toyota Corolla Super Driving Experience!
By Patricia Nicely

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned both a 2003 and currently a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. I absolutely love both vehicles and highly recommend this car. It not only has an awesome design but is also great on gas and handles very well.

Favorite Features

I love the new design of the Corolla which first came out in 2003.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest using better wheel covers on the LE model and up. The covers currently being used are not very attractive and yet the price for a new one seems to be very high. I am not sure if it is because it is a Japan product.