Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Toyota Final Review
By kennison

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle! I am 72 and have owned many vehicles from the Ford Model A to luxury Mercedes. The Corolla is one of the most practical and reliable cars on the market. Don't waste your time and money on lesser autos...advice from an old man!

Great so far
By CE2006

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have loved this car! We have had no problems and love the great MPG. We would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Pratical and fun

Suggested Improvements

standard door locks

So far I love it
By NikkiB

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got my car in Feb. 2006, so far I have had no troubles with it. The price was good and it had all the basic features that I wanted (I have the LE). The driver seat was a little hard to get used to at first and the back seat head rests are a little high for me to see over sometimes. I like how the radio/CD player are up high on the dash, I don't have to look down while driving to change stations. I love how the lights are automatic. One feature I like, but don't like, when you unlock the car and don't open the doors it will lock up automatically after a few min. Like, in case I can't remember if I locked it, dislike, keys could still be inside.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is good. Quiet while driving.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats, they don't fold down all the way when using the trunk, makes fitting some things a little hard, but otherwise enough space for everyday things. Would like the lights inside to turn on when car turns off.

Small issues
By king

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Prior to purchasing a 2006 Corolla, I had a 1991 model for 15 years. I loved it so I wanted another. I have only had the 2006 for a few months, but I wanted to give a review after my first trip to the service department at 6,000+ miles. The trim on the roof was coming loose at one end. The initial prognosis by the service department technician was to replace as this occurs occasionally. They instead glue it down (something I could have done). The second issue, which is more unacceptable, is a spot protruding under the carpet on the hump in the back seat area. I noticed the carpet wearing (at 6,000+ miles) and they said the protrusion is part of the carpeting and all corollas have it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfortable

Suggested Improvements

No trim on the roof and don't manufacture the carpet as thought something was underneath.

Corolla
By D. Russo

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mother bought me a Toyota Corolla as my first car. Overall, it's reliable and wonderful to drive. It gets me from Point A to Point B safely. Besides, the gas mileage is amazing.

Favorite Features

I love the stereo, the gas mileage, the smoothe ride, and generally everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

I have the CE model, which is as basic as it comes. I don't have cruise control or power lock and windows.