Used 2006 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

3rd one is the last one
By Flatlander

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my '87 Corolla...had it 11 years (bought it used). 30 mpg when I retired it. 2000: great: 38 mpg when I traded it for this piece of crap: tranny replaced at 96K, just told I need a new radiator. Brake pedal winks when the AC is on (dealer told me it was normal). I only get 32 mpg at best (stick shift!, not my driving. I got 41 mpg on a rented Cobalt). Radio jumps stations (already replaced when the CD player got jammed). Car is too big: too many blind spots compared to older models. Back head rests block rear view (as did the 2000), removed and stored for trade-in. Even the paint on the body below the door isn't smooth. Seats don't go down fully (overstuffed).

Sun roof. Nothing else. I hate this car!

Replace back head rests w/ a Honda/Volvo style...w/a hole int he middle so the driver can see through them. Improve your quality: TQM is not RFT! Reduce the stuffing the rear seats so they lay down flatter.

Corolla Reliability and Toyota Cust Svc
By Kan88

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the toyota corolla in June 2006 and have 21 K miles on this car. The Car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road trip and had to have the car towed to the nearest toyota leadership as it was under warranty. The ECU (computer) broke and the car would not start and there was a backlog delay of several weeks to get the car repaired. I have contacted Toyota Customer Service for assistance and they covered for cost for towing the car to my home city toyota dealer and co-ordinated with the dealership to have my car fixed.

Excellent Toyota Customer Service , Fuel Economy

Full Size Spare Tire should be included , ABS should be standard , Cars should be recalled to fix the widespread ECU Failure for this model.

Toyota Corolla Super Driving Experience!
By Patricia Nicely

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned both a 2003 and currently a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. I absolutely love both vehicles and highly recommend this car. It not only has an awesome design but is also great on gas and handles very well.

I love the new design of the Corolla which first came out in 2003.

I would suggest using better wheel covers on the LE model and up. The covers currently being used are not very attractive and yet the price for a new one seems to be very high. I am not sure if it is because it is a Japan product.

Nice Car
By Luis

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good on gas mileage for the money, very comfortable and dependable...

6 cd changer stereo system...

Totally Awesome
By Scott

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Corolla is amazing. It handles excellent, and it is reliable. I love the amount of interior space.

The optitron LCD intrument cluster, handling, and the sound system.

Maybe add a trunk release button on the remote keyless entry remote.