2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
3rd one is the last one
By Flatlander on 05/29/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my '87 Corolla...had it 11 years (bought it used). 30 mpg when I retired it. 2000: great: 38 mpg when I traded it for this piece of crap: tranny replaced at 96K, just told I need a new radiator. Brake pedal winks when the AC is on (dealer told me it was normal). I only get 32 mpg at best (stick shift!, not my driving. I got 41 mpg on a rented Cobalt). Radio jumps stations (already replaced when the CD player got jammed). Car is too big: too many blind spots compared to older models. Back head rests block rear view (as did the 2000), removed and stored for trade-in. Even the paint on the body below the door isn't smooth. Seats don't go down fully (overstuffed).

Corolla Reliability and Toyota Cust Svc
By Kan88 on 01/07/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the toyota corolla in June 2006 and have 21 K miles on this car. The Car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road trip and had to have the car towed to the nearest toyota leadership as it was under warranty. The ECU (computer) broke and the car would not start and there was a backlog delay of several weeks to get the car repaired. I have contacted Toyota Customer Service for assistance and they covered for cost for towing the car to my home city toyota dealer and co-ordinated with the dealership to have my car fixed.

Toyota Corolla Super Driving Experience!
By Patricia Nicely on 09/06/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned both a 2003 and currently a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. I absolutely love both vehicles and highly recommend this car. It not only has an awesome design but is also great on gas and handles very well.

Nice Car
By Luis on 05/12/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good on gas mileage for the money, very comfortable and dependable...

Totally Awesome
By Scott on 04/12/06 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Corolla is amazing. It handles excellent, and it is reliable. I love the amount of interior space.

Our Second Corolla
By Dale on 04/02/06 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We already own a 1998 Corolla CE, and we like it so much that yesterday we purchased a 2006 Corolla LE! The car has ABS and side-impact airbags, along with the upgraded aluminum wheels and audio package. We chose the Cactus Mica, which apparently is pretty rare because the salesperson mentioned that Toyota only produces about 10% in that color. I'll keep our '98 for commuting. The new Corolla is much sportier and more fun to drive, and the car bears a striking resemblance to the Jetta prior to VW's latest redesign.

Oligohome
By Oligohome on 03/23/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 3rd 5-speed Corolla. I wanted a car that was as close to my previous 2000 Corolla as possible. I find the suspension is very ridgid. I feel every bump on the road. Drives well in the snow. I appreciate the added ground clearance. Turns great. Average fuel at 32 (local)-35 (HWY) MPG, not the number advertised (although my previous Corolla was right on the money to the predicted numbers, so it ain't my driving).

2006 Corollas are the BEST!
By Lyn on 03/21/06 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my brand new 2006 Corolla across the country from Ohio to Seattle in November 2005, and the performance was outstanding. Fuel economy was consistently between 41 and 46 mpg, and this included going over the mountains. It was comfortable to drive, had more storage than I had expected, handled very well in all weather conditions, and even survived hitting a deer in Colorado (although the entire front end had to be replaced). It is a peppy, fun little car to drive -- particularly with its smooth, quiet manual transmission. City driving up and down the steep hills of Seattle still gives an mpg of 34. Passengers are always amazed at how much room is in the back seat area, too. Great car!

Disappointment
By Richard on 02/21/06 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My new manual Corolla has terrible fuel economy, 33mpg in the best case on hwy. Dealer's service dept. claims "it is what is" and can not be improved.

Great Commuter Car!!
By Land of Enchantment on 02/20/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've found this to be the perfect car for my needs. I've got a country commute of 100 miles round trip every day and this car drives great and gets great gas mileage, the best in it's class from what I've read. I've really enjoyed the stick shift since it makes me feel more part of the road handling process. I can go 65-70 without any out any sence of control problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.