2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
My Second Corolla also did not dissapoint
By intensor101 on 08/01/11 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's fun to drive and it's reliable. I had bought an '02 as my first vehicle brand new, and it did not disappoint on gas mileage and reliability, although I had chosen the CE version cause being so young that's all I could qualify for. The '06 is responsive, corners well, and the transmission is smooth enough for its class. The black paint job is beautiful and waxes well. I love the spoiler, and the trunk space is roomy enough for a lot of stuff if you pack it right.

Great mileage and reliability
By happy2own on 10/14/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The S model is a fun car to drive with great mileage on long trips (up to 41). It gets better mileage than my old 96 with more power. The 5 speed transmission is not the smoothest shifter I've owned but it makes the car seem more powerful. The exterior looks sporty with the body kit, spoiler, and fog lights. The interior has nice build quality and the trunk size is more than proficient. No mechanical problems at all. I've never been to the shop since I change my own oil. I would definitely recommend.

Will NEVER buy again
By Horrible Car on 05/19/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We were overseas on military orders and ran into problems while under extended warranty at only 30,000 miles. Fought with Toyota for 6 months and received no help until MANUAL transmission stalled on the highway!! UNACCEPTABLE. Laundry list of repairs every time we go in. If you ever have problems with this car and expect good service FORGET IT!! Constantly was accused of not really having the extended warranty and was even charged for warranty work more than once and had to dispute. We are trading it in NEVER to buy a Toyota again.

06 Toyota Corolla 5M
By Corolla S on 10/14/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car a little over two years and average 38 MPG, I am very easy on it however. I drove an automatic and they are pathetic, however, the manual can move descent. It is not "fun" to drive, however, it does its job-reliable, good mpg. I am now debating to keep this a long time, or trade it in for something like a Lancer soon.

40 MPG and Fun to Drive!
By Sparky1954 on 08/24/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've had this car close to 30 months now and it has been great. The smaller engine is offset by the 5-spd manual and decent handling for the price. Not a single problem yet. But to top it off the mileage is great! We just completed a round trip between San Jose, CA to Vancouver, WA and put over 1500 miles on the car. I tracked the mileage very close and we got 40.2 mpg for the whole trip! Now I need to say we don't speed but drive the posted speed limit (55, 65, 70). We used A/C for a 85% and this total included climbing hill, mountains and around town drives. So obey the posted limits, set the cruise control and enjoy the money you save!

Good choice for a long commute
By Jacob King on 04/26/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a great vehicle. After two years, there are no visible problems, and I have been very impressed with its reliability. Interior looks great and it is a comfortable way to make my hour-long commute every morning.

Great car, Great Value!
By FratGuy03 on 07/31/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Corolla S 5 speed for one week and have put 1000 miles on it. This car is great! Great fuel economy, good performance and very comfortable to drive. The car has an awesome suspension and drives great on the highway as well as on the back roads. I am 26 and used to think that Toyotas were boring... now I think the value and reliability of the Corolla are paramount.

2006 Toyota Corolla S
By Brian Young on 07/26/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I took a leap and traded a 2004 Malibu LT for this Corolla S. What a smart move. Our mileage has been over 40 mpg since we bought it 2 months ago. We now have 4300 miles on the car and are very happy overall. This 5-speed Corolla is too much fun!

Front seats extremely painful
By Nancy on 07/01/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The seat is hard and made in 2 lumps. The one at the back is where upper truck puts all weight in one spot on buttocks causing pain and numbness of the entire leg. The lump in the front tips upward and presses on the pressure point of artery on the back of the leg. The foot rest keeps prevents the leg from having any place to strech the leg that is numb and tingling from the pain caused from the seat. The footrest is so high that if the leg is somewhat in a less painful position, you cannot reach the clutch engagement point. The lower section of the dash is so low your the shin bone hits it when engaging the clutch or trying to move leg from bent position forced by footrest.

My 9 Year Old Wants It When She Turns 16
By Randy on 06/29/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months and 6k miles, my Corolla is exactly as promised. Whether I drive 65 or 85, A/C on or off, the car gets 37-40 mpg. There is plenty of room for 4 adults, and all of their luggage. The ride is pretty good (all highway miles), the handling is very good, and the shifter's throw is short, enabling quick shifts, thus enabling the revs to stay high. The car really springs to life above 4000 rpm's. Have second thoughts about getting navy blue - it looks great when clean, but the slightest rain will turn it into a mess.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.