Used 2006 Toyota Corolla CE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Used to be a VW fan
By Fran G

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With minimal care these Corolla's easily reach 200,000 plus miles My third and forth Corolla's are in the driveway a 2004 and a 2015 both 5 speeds CE models.
The 2004 has 179,000 miles on it now and the 2015 has less then 10,000. Maintenance has been done faithfully by me according to Toyota's schedule. The only additional money spent on repairs has been as follows: 1 AC clutch relay, 1 set of rear axle bearings, I have put a new water pump and alternator brushes in at 160,000 didn't fail I just do my own preventive maintenance. Total extra cost was less then $100 dollars. The plastic like others say are failing on unimportant things. However the economy , reliability, and performance are the same as the day it was new. The front end is still tight, the clutch grabs like the day it was new and it starts first time every time six or more times a day seven days a week since November 2003. Thank you Toyota. To be fair the rear axle bearing failed because I used the car as a pickup truck and hauled 1000 lbs of tile from store to home. I fix my own stuff so it was just was a lesson learned.

Buy it
By charleym3

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got the base model, no electric anything. Only added option was cruise control.
After 115K miles, the only thing that has gone wrong is the CC switch for 80$.
Tires don't last as long as I would like.
I do all of the required maintenance and it keeps going and going.
I'm getting better mileage than EPA extimates, 37-38 in city driving.

Mileage, 40+ on the highway.

None.

First, last and only.
By jehu

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say, you get what you pay for. While the car is very dependable and gets good mileage why do the windshield washers freeze, even with good quality washer fluid? Why do the rain gutters insist on failing to do there job? Why does it take so long to heat the cabin in winter? Why Toyota, why, this is supposed to be the magic carpet ride of automobiles, the unfailing Toyota Motor Co. The title of my review says it all.

Gas mileage

How about some rain gutters that actually move water to the back of the car, and not onto the side window, and then onto my arm.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Good fuel consumption, overall quality.

The paint chips far too easily.

Full Throttle
By Yarrrr!

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Flawless car. Any time I think I hear a noise or think the car has changed in some way, it's just me. It is amazing. Mine gets 39mpg on the highway (manual) and gets around 30 in town. It's great fun to wind it out once in a while through the gears. Absolutely amazing quality and efficiency. I love it!

Manual transmission, clutch, brake feel, powertrain responsiveness and that amazing fuel economy.

Put better tires on it from the factory than Goodyear Integrity. Almost anything will wear more evenly, more slowly, and will have higher grip. The Goodyears do squeal around corners nice and loud though. Ha.