2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Buy it
By charleym3 on 05/23/11 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got the base model, no electric anything. Only added option was cruise control. After 115K miles, the only thing that has gone wrong is the CC switch for 80$. Tires don't last as long as I would like. I do all of the required maintenance and it keeps going and going. I'm getting better mileage than EPA extimates, 37-38 in city driving.

First, last and only.
By jehu on 08/13/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say, you get what you pay for. While the car is very dependable and gets good mileage why do the windshield washers freeze, even with good quality washer fluid? Why do the rain gutters insist on failing to do there job? Why does it take so long to heat the cabin in winter? Why Toyota, why, this is supposed to be the magic carpet ride of automobiles, the unfailing Toyota Motor Co. The title of my review says it all.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy on 11/12/09 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Full Throttle
By Yarrrr! on 01/12/09 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Flawless car. Any time I think I hear a noise or think the car has changed in some way, it's just me. It is amazing. Mine gets 39mpg on the highway (manual) and gets around 30 in town. It's great fun to wind it out once in a while through the gears. Absolutely amazing quality and efficiency. I love it!

My 2006 Toyota Corolla CE w/ Man. Trans.
By Dean on 07/12/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice compact car. It is small, but rides nice. It's easy to park in tight places and will fit in any garage. It is easy to drive. For a small engine, it does have some pep. I would recommend this car as excellent transportation for those who are not large people, want the best car for the money, and those who want a car that will last them for many years without trouble.

Corolla CE was a great choice
By Braswell's on 06/01/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Other than the driver's side side mirrors having blind spots I really love this car. I get 32-35 mpg. Had to replace a belt at 35000 miles. No other problems. This car is as simple as it gets but parts not there won't cause trouble. It won't win any races and if you don't mind not to have power doors or windows and can drive a standard, this could be a great car for you.

Great Car
By lovetoyota on 05/06/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car. I drive over 2000 miles a month. Most of the time I get 38 miles to the gal. If I keep it at 65 on interstate I can get up to 43. Great reliability.

My Corolla
By ghfg on 03/14/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The gas mileage I get is 35 mpg. This is excellent. I've always been a fan of Toyota reliability. I am still satisfied with the Corolla.

Great so far
By CE2006 on 11/28/06 07:39 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have loved this car! We have had no problems and love the great MPG. We would buy another one.

Small issues
By king on 11/01/06 10:47 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Prior to purchasing a 2006 Corolla, I had a 1991 model for 15 years. I loved it so I wanted another. I have only had the 2006 for a few months, but I wanted to give a review after my first trip to the service department at 6,000+ miles. The trim on the roof was coming loose at one end. The initial prognosis by the service department technician was to replace as this occurs occasionally. They instead glue it down (something I could have done). The second issue, which is more unacceptable, is a spot protruding under the carpet on the hump in the back seat area. I noticed the carpet wearing (at 6,000+ miles) and they said the protrusion is part of the carpeting and all corollas have it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.