Used 2006 Toyota Corolla CE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
First, last and only.
By jehu

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say, you get what you pay for. While the car is very dependable and gets good mileage why do the windshield washers freeze, even with good quality washer fluid? Why do the rain gutters insist on failing to do there job? Why does it take so long to heat the cabin in winter? Why Toyota, why, this is supposed to be the magic carpet ride of automobiles, the unfailing Toyota Motor Co. The title of my review says it all.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

How about some rain gutters that actually move water to the back of the car, and not onto the side window, and then onto my arm.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Favorite Features

Good fuel consumption, overall quality.

Suggested Improvements

The paint chips far too easily.

Buy it
By charleym3

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got the base model, no electric anything. Only added option was cruise control. After 115K miles, the only thing that has gone wrong is the CC switch for 80$. Tires don't last as long as I would like. I do all of the required maintenance and it keeps going and going. I'm getting better mileage than EPA extimates, 37-38 in city driving.

Favorite Features

Mileage, 40+ on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

None.

My 2006 Toyota Corolla CE w/ Man. Trans.
By Dean

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice compact car. It is small, but rides nice. It's easy to park in tight places and will fit in any garage. It is easy to drive. For a small engine, it does have some pep. I would recommend this car as excellent transportation for those who are not large people, want the best car for the money, and those who want a car that will last them for many years without trouble.

Favorite Features

Big trunk, easy to change oil, easy to read instruments, extremely dependable, great gas mileage, good stereo, comfortable back seat, great paint.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the stock tires with high quality tires. This will make a tremendous difference in the ride and handling. Replace the beep-beep horn with a highway blaster so you can be heard when needed. Just for fun, add an MP3 player.

Full Throttle
By Yarrrr!

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Flawless car. Any time I think I hear a noise or think the car has changed in some way, it's just me. It is amazing. Mine gets 39mpg on the highway (manual) and gets around 30 in town. It's great fun to wind it out once in a while through the gears. Absolutely amazing quality and efficiency. I love it!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, clutch, brake feel, powertrain responsiveness and that amazing fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Put better tires on it from the factory than Goodyear Integrity. Almost anything will wear more evenly, more slowly, and will have higher grip. The Goodyears do squeal around corners nice and loud though. Ha.