2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
06rollaxrs
By 06rollaxrs on 03/25/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car, it is pretty surprising how quick this car is! Also loving the gas mileage! Handles amazing. I'd line it up against a stock Civic si vtec, or a stock mustang gt, at anytime! Already beat both! All I can say is wow!

Over 3 years and I'm still giddy
By Zippy on 02/06/09 17:34 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove the Civic and the Corolla, and the Corolla was faster, tighter and got better mileage. I still wanted something quicker and tried the XRS. It was WELL worth the extra money. I LOVE driving this car! That said, the power curve is not at all smooth and I've adjusted how I drive to compensate. You almost have to plan ahead. I put a graphite gear shifter knob on it which really improved my ability to "feel" the gears and shift with accuracy. The car pushes a little around corners, but I guess that's safer than the alternative. I didn't know it only took premium until after two tanks of regular. I don't like paying more for gas, but it's still worth it.

2006 XRS
By whatduhbabeh on 07/05/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car, I love the gas mileage even though it only takes premium. I average about 31 no matter how I drive. It seems very reliable; I had nonstop problems with my VW GTI before this car. The interior looks great at night. It is a lot of fun to drive. I can't get enough of driving around town even with the ridiculous gas prices. I feel like this car got me hooked on Toyotas. I will likely get another Toyota as my next car whenever that may be. I did a lot of research before I bought this car and I am very happy with my decision.

06 XRS
By Tony M. on 04/27/07 23:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Overall the XRS is a great car. It looks and feels sporty. You get great gas mileage combined with performance and looks. The car has great acceleration and handles well on turns. It has a sleeper look so some people may confuse it for an "S" or regular corolla. They'll be surprised. You'll hit 80 mph on the freeway without a sweat. The car is simply a lot of fun to drive.

Corolla XRS
By J. Kinsley on 06/15/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Thank you Toyota for a poor person's porsche. This is a great car... takes corners at interesting speeds with no sway and keeps the revs up between shifts due to the close ratio gears. Yes, it is fun fun fun to drive. But, is well behaved, and uses much less gas, at low revs and higher gears.Yes, it is practical as well. (If you choose.) For a 1.8 liter engine, the engineers have managed to elicit a spunky engine with some surprises at the higher revs. At 6000 RPM do not be close to the car ahead of you.

Sweet Ride
By Krystina on 03/14/06 21:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased this car and I love it soo much. It's sporty, fun to drive, the, sound system could be a little bit better, but the economics of it WOW!! I highly recommend this car to everyone looking for a new vehicle. Corners well, handles great, Best of all the car looks so attractive. Sunroof is awesome I just love it. Such a huge upgrade from a Dodge Neon. Awesome get up and go too. XRS Im telling ya! :o)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.