2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Best Car Ever!
By jungleking3 on 08/07/13 14:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got my license in 2003 and got a 1991 Toyota Corolla from my grandpa. I liked the car so much that I bought my own 2006 Corolla LE with the intent to keep it for as long as I could. I was not disappointed. I have had the car for 7 years now and cannot complain. The only things I had to change on this car was wear and tear. I also had the ECU replaced under warranty as well. I think this is a great car that is cheap to maintain and drive. I have put 140,000 miles on it so far and am planning on going 300,000+ without any issues.

2006 Corolla CE (CE stands for Christ's Evangelist in my case)
By dougiedouglas on 10/07/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a musician for Jesus and travel all over to preach and play. Lots of room in the back, seat goes down, can carry all my equip. Rides nice, mileage is great (beats the heck out of my Dodge Caravan) I get alot of compliments on the color..."sea foam mist." Audio is good. Im really glad I got blessed with this. I bought it at 44,000 miles and at 49,000 miles the serpentine belt started squealing from having cracks in it. They normally need to be replaced at 50,000 miles and up so that's cool. Gault Toyota replaced it reasonably and I got a shuttle ride home and back the next day. I'd love to get a prius next or a toyota convertible. Peace, in Christ...Dougie Douglas

My first Toyota
By ruffy25 on 09/16/12 02:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At age 58 and having owned maybe 20 cars, this is my first Toyota and I do not regret it. I bought it on it's reputation for reliability and life-span, and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and performance. The 1.8L gives decent acceleration, I had a concern that because of my driving habits, which consist of a 1.5 mile trip to the store, shut off, re-start and come home totals 3 miles of driving about 4 times a week that eventually the battery would not re-charge from not enough driving. But after 5 months: no problem. I have of course taken longer trips, but what I described sometimes goes on for a month. Complaint: no trunk-open on remote entry.

Reliable but boring
By costeld on 06/02/12 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I started driving my 06 Corolla about 1.5 yrs ago. It had 135K on it when I started (belongs to a company I work for) and now has over 200K. I drive everywhere from the highway at around 80 mph to long, windy, bumpy country driveways where I have to carefully pick a route around boulders, dips, bumps and puddles to avoid high centering. I drive the car like a New York city cab in town (time is a crucial part of job) and I often drive 50-60 mph on gravel roads. Car has held up extremely well! When I get home from a 400 mile during spring break up I am surprised the car held together. When i leave the next morning the car is unphased by the day before. Very robust car!

Love it, love it, love it,will buy another if this one ever dies
By derhamjustin on 04/19/12 07:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

wonderful car, awesome mpg, reliable, 63,000 miles and have done nothing but change the oil, comfortable, surprisingly roomy. will buy another one IF this one ever dies, or perhaps upgrade to a camry. would recommend to ANYONE, buy this car and you will not be disappointed.

Have loved every mile!
By ohionative74 on 01/24/12 07:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it new in 2006. I have put 120K mostly highway miles on it in the last 6 years. The original Bridgestone tires were good until 75K w/regular rotations. The brakes were replaced at 118K, not b/c they were squeaking, but b/c the fronts needed it soon, hubby did all 4 at one time. Check engine light came on at 78K, ECM in transmission went bad and was covered in a recall. Check engine light came on at 119K, ECM software glitch, no fix yet, but the light is out, car is driving fine, and the fix will be free when it is ready for download at my dealership. I have been very satisfied with this car. Least favorite aspect of Toyota build is the paint...it chips easily.

Safety issues
By review101 on 10/08/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good mileage, some noise, average maintenance costs; you've heard it before but rarely are there reviews on how it stands up to impacts. Bought it new. Only issue was the check engine light that was part of recall. Dealer fixed it for free, it was good for a week then light came back on. I had about 96k when I was rear ended by 02 Toyota Camry on freeway. I was stopped when he hit me at approx 40mph. Vehicle buckled out instead of in. Exterior damage seemed minimal, but once we looked at the frame from below, it was totally bent. I was told metal went up through floor of rear seats. Good thing I only had groceries in back seat instead of my kids. Fluke? Who knows. Had to post

My Second Corolla also did not dissapoint
By intensor101 on 08/01/11 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's fun to drive and it's reliable. I had bought an '02 as my first vehicle brand new, and it did not disappoint on gas mileage and reliability, although I had chosen the CE version cause being so young that's all I could qualify for. The '06 is responsive, corners well, and the transmission is smooth enough for its class. The black paint job is beautiful and waxes well. I love the spoiler, and the trunk space is roomy enough for a lot of stuff if you pack it right.

Buy it
By charleym3 on 05/23/11 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got the base model, no electric anything. Only added option was cruise control. After 115K miles, the only thing that has gone wrong is the CC switch for 80$. Tires don't last as long as I would like. I do all of the required maintenance and it keeps going and going. I'm getting better mileage than EPA extimates, 37-38 in city driving.

The average car
By Scheets on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it used a few years ago with 50,000 or so miles on it. I now have around 105,000 miles. So far it has been pretty reliable. We have not had any major problems so far. The engine still runs well, the transmission shifts smoothly in all temps and weather conditions. The audio system isn't great, but acceptable. The interior has a decent amount of space for a small car, and the trunk is pretty big. Road noise is average, but I always have music playing. Heat and A/C still work great. It has a very awkward steering wheel position and the handling is not very good. The gas is very touchy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.