Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

No Regrets
By ronfromla

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car, a 2006 in 2011 with 38,470 miles. The dealer had put some junk tires on it, so I immediately replaced them with Goodyear Eagles. I have had no problems with car, None. Zip. Nada. I use Mobil1 and Mobil1 filter and go 75000 miles between changes, and bought a battery also, even though it was not giving me trouble it was original, 5 years old so I pre-emptive avoided any problems. Starts first time, every time, on just a couple turns of cranking, even in 0F. I overpaid a bit, but oh well, still no regrets. Absolutely no peers ij reliability, and I disagree about 'not fun to drive'. One time on a long trip I got 41mpg. Perfect blend of power and economy.

Favorite Features

Decent audio system and ABS, torsion bar rear suspension

Suggested Improvements

Put a trunk open button on remote fob

Can't Complain
By lfas

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This Corolla was a replacement for 2004 Civic which I felt was underpowered and delicate. Purchased pre owned with 75k three years ago, now have approximately 94k.

Favorite Features

1.8L 1zz-fe engine has a timing chain Relatively spirited acceleration and passing power for daily city and surrounding suburban driving Strong build quality, a tough durable car Quality interior materials and fit and finish

Suggested Improvements

Faulty ECM replacement, apparently this is a known fault, had replaced under extended warranty LED dash clock display fades and dims intermittently Tall body design makes for high center of gravity and reduces handling capabilities Some vibration during cold idle which might be from faulty motor mounts

Bought on Reputation alone
By ruffy25

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Before I went car shopping, I did extensive research on several Makes and Models. It's a lot of money to spend impulsively after all. I decided on Toyota after test driving a Ford Fiesta, Honda Accord, even a MINI Cooper. I found a 2006 Corolla with only 47,500 miles and bought it, based on reputation of reliability/dependability and Toyota earned it. It was a bit pricey, but holds value very well. Decent acceleration for a 1.8Liter, and economy is superb, especially with my driving habits. I enjoy seeing how much I can squeeze out of a tank, and have gotten as much a 44mpg. yes, 44..but I did have a strong tail-wind and no grade for nearly 100 miles on a lonely S. Calif desert road.

Favorite Features

Economy, reliability, cabin noise non-existent (no wind whistles even in an 8 year old car. Styling and 4 door has plenty of room inside---more than you would thing looking at it from outside.

Suggested Improvements

Better hinge on console lid, have broken 2 and not from abuse. Other than that, cabin materials superior compared to other cars in class.

Best Car Ever!
By jungleking3

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got my license in 2003 and got a 1991 Toyota Corolla from my grandpa. I liked the car so much that I bought my own 2006 Corolla LE with the intent to keep it for as long as I could. I was not disappointed. I have had the car for 7 years now and cannot complain. The only things I had to change on this car was wear and tear. I also had the ECU replaced under warranty as well. I think this is a great car that is cheap to maintain and drive. I have put 140,000 miles on it so far and am planning on going 300,000+ without any issues.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Maintenance cost, Zippy driving and handling.

Suggested Improvements

The car could have used a better stereo deck for its time. It was a 6 CD changer but an AUX in with a single CD player would have been a better option in my opinion.

2006 Corolla CE (CE stands for Christ's Evangelist in my case)
By dougiedouglas

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a musician for Jesus and travel all over to preach and play. Lots of room in the back, seat goes down, can carry all my equip. Rides nice, mileage is great (beats the heck out of my Dodge Caravan) I get alot of compliments on the color..."sea foam mist." Audio is good. Im really glad I got blessed with this. I bought it at 44,000 miles and at 49,000 miles the serpentine belt started squealing from having cracks in it. They normally need to be replaced at 50,000 miles and up so that's cool. Gault Toyota replaced it reasonably and I got a shuttle ride home and back the next day. I'd love to get a prius next or a toyota convertible. Peace, in Christ...Dougie Douglas

Favorite Features

the color, the outside temperature reading, the screaming seat belt reminder, and the back seat going down.

Suggested Improvements

power windows and locks on all models and cruise control.