Still Reliable
By RCOBB on
2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car with 97,000 miles in 2008 from a certified dealer. This is my 3rd Corolla. The Gas Mileage on the street is 30-33 mpg, only when I drive between 35mpg and 42mph. The car's elevated height has a PRO & CON. CON: when backing up (or making a turn at a low curb) it becomes difficult hard to judge the distance of the car behind me, or the curb below. PRO: rocks, curbs and parking blocks won't scratch the bumper, or my under-siding at all. The Seats are comfortable enough for a little car. And at 5'7, I can sleep in it, for a few hours, reclined. The sun visor hits the rear-view mirror. I change my oil before 3,000 miles. And I change Trans fluid once a year. No repairs so far.
Favorite Features
CHEAP parts, especially after market. And I can still do-it-myself on breaks, belts, and all the fluids. OK gas saver. Good enough Acceleration, cold A/C. Respectable looking car, for going out on the town or to work. Nice sound system. CD changer is ok. I still want a TAPE CASSETTE option!
Suggested Improvements
Most of the improvements have been made in the 2009 model. But oddly, the 09 model's have less driver side room than the 08-03 and even earlier models? Imagine that? I don't like day-running lights. And I hate the annoying fasten-seatbelt beeper. The dome light is very weak, should be brighter.