2005 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Don't let toyota fool you anym

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

CE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Don't let toyota fool you anymore!
By a_mechanic_001 on

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I worked for a dealership, and now I own a Toyota. I have to tell you, this car is the cheapest pile of garbage they have ever produced!! Recalls on computers, serpentine belt tensioners that fail, belts that make noise, intake manifold gaskets that crack and leak..

Favorite Features

It runs, the paint is cheap and peels, its a car.. the stereo is decent though and it gets you from A to B until it dies as designed to at around 150,000 miles max.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel pump costs $1000.00 - no reason for this. Stop using cheap plastic and purposely designing the vehicle to squeak and make noise! The Bezel around the radio warps and touches the black climate control unit, it will start buzzing every time you hit the gas and you will NEVER get it to go away!! - Design a tensioner that doesn't lose tension, I shouldn't have to buy aftermarket parts that are better than Toyota parts!!!!!!!!! This vehicle has every sign of planned obsolescence built in!! all metal is gone, all plastic clips are designed to make noise. The heater vents arent even put together anymore, they sit there and move around. - feel free to email to ask me in detail about toyotas.