2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
I love my car!!!
By Gina on 11/21/06 21:58 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Toyota Corolla for about a year now and I have no complaints what so ever. It is probably the best car I've ever had besides a Toyota Camry. When we drove the Toyota it was very quiet in terms of road noise. Last summer we went on vacation to the Smokie Mountains. We are a family of four and were able to pack everything we took there and the extras we brought home in the trunk. There was plenty of leg room for both of my teenage boys and my husband. I work in Home Health and drive a lot - the gas mileage is great on this car. If you are looking for a great little car for very little money this is the one!

Smooth and Balanced with Bite.
By zachary on 11/21/06 08:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Its agility and balance are comprable to that of a roadster. This light weight sport version of the corolla has shed the econo-type that most think of in a sub $15K car. The Corolla S demonstrated its superb handling and drivability on my cross county trip where I sliced through corners in the mountains of North Carolina. Road conditions were varied from dry/smooth to wet/rough and even some gravel roads, through it all the outstanding suspension didn't even hiccup. The car balanced itself through every turn pulling a perfect line. Awsome "driver's" machine.

My new car
By Lisa on 11/07/06 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car.It has a great body and I love the features like spoiler,alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, beautiful color (indigo ink)and I like the fuel economy. It could be better or worse but I am not complaining.I do think they should improve on the interior space.I also think they could improve on the pick-up speed of the car.It moves kinda slow but it is ok once you get going.All in all I love this car and would reccommend it to anyone.

great car!
By Laura on 10/17/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After doing lots of research and test driving, I decided on the Corolla, and it's been amazing. I love the way it handles, the manual transmission shifts very smoothly, and other than routine maintenance I've had no mechanical problems at all. The warranty is hard to beat, and fuel economy is fantastic--anywhere from 32- 40 mpg! I'm short, so the size is perfect, but tall people might feel as if the driver's seat doesn't go back far enough.

Almost Perfect
By Pat Patterson on 10/08/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Follow up review. Traded this car recently, needed a pickup. Probably best car I've ever owned. Never to the dealer. Only problem was the belt tensioner squeeked after 24k miles. Avg 34 mpg. Needed tires after 24k (the Goodyear Integrity's are budget based). Paid $14.5k and got $12k on trade-in (after 2 years and 38k miles). Unbelievable resale value in my opinion. Someone's going to get a great used car.

love it
By pat caboli burnsit on 10/05/06 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

excellent econobox i drive a lot and you can't beat that mileage. capable handling, small exterior, big interior, huge trunk, good sound system.

Love This Corolla !!
By Larry on 09/12/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for fuel economy being I drive 160 miles per day. The 5-speed with cruise delivers 42mpg at highway speeds. The comfort is unbelievable for long trips and this car is really fun to drive. Although many consider this to be a small car, I find it extremely comfortable to sit in, and I'm 6'3 and weigh 220. There is plenty of head room too. I just wish I had a sunroof.

Great value
By dru on 09/05/06 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning Fords, the comparison to Toyota is dramatic. This is my 4th Toyota. You get a great car for a good price; exceptional value! Old Toyotas are still strong and excellent MPG after 150k and 190k miles. This 2005 Corolla raises the bar for quiet, comfort and quality. You can hardly tell the car is running when its on. These cars are easy to work on. Lots of room to reach any component if you do your own work.

2005 Toyota Corolla CE
By joe on 08/27/06 18:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is too small to find a comfortable position. Made for very small people, the power is... there isn't any. The seals leak on the window. Very noisy ride. AC can't really keep the car cool enough inside. The sound system is poor quality. Low and hard seats leave a person hurting after a trip around town. Visibility is very poor to the rear of drivers side. Low clearance under car makes a small road hazard a very big problem. Cheap paint, chips easy. Handling on icy roads very good, but low clearance is again a big problem.

Love it
By CE on 08/14/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. This is my third Corolla, the only thing I wish for, when I back out, the visibility is not as good as I would like it to be. It has great road feel, very positive steering and drives like a sports car. For the price it is a good bargain. I have not had a single adjustement, who ever put this car together did a super job. Congrats TOYOTA keep up the good work.