2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Not up to my expectation
By me on 06/22/07 15:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car and it didn't meet my expectations. Three days after I took it home the dash became loose and the side panel where you pull the seat belts out popped out. After three months, the front passenger window had really bad wind noises. I took it in to the dealer and I was told that it was normal. After five months, my brakes already needed replacement. Six months down the road, my front tire needs to be replaced. It was not worth my money to pay for. I see a lot of good reviews about the car, I surely got one that was the worst. I will never buy a Toyota again.

Hard Driver
By Lisa on 04/09/07 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new. Commute 130 mile a day. Have 78K on it now. Mainly highway. I drive aggressively. Problems have been AC leak and currently a very small oil leak around one of the gaskets. Tires were replaced at about 55K. Still never had to replace my brakes. I'm 5'6 and feel comfortable during long trips. There is road noise, but all small cars have that. It drives excellently in the snow. I was shocked at how well it drove through some tough snow mounds the plows left behind. Traction in the snow going up hill isn't the best based on past cars I've owned. The anti-locks (optional safety package) work great. Would buy this car again.

Best pick for overall efficiency
By sadaya_rose on 03/19/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 108,000 miles on it, but as we all know that is just getting one of these babies broken in. I have had zero probs with mine, just an oil change. Car runs great, great design, excellent gas mileage, I will not own anything other than a Toyota!

Not So Hot
By CJ on 03/12/07 21:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle handles dangerously on the highway. Toyota chose to equip this vehicle with Goodyear Integrity tires, which arguably are some of the worst passenger car tires ever made. Torque steer is way out of line for such a small car. The Corolla gets blown all over the highway in strong winds, and is difficult to control. Persistent problems abound with the fuel system in the Corolla. Including no start conditions after the car sits 30 minutes. Impossible to make factory stereo iPod ready. Cheap, paper cone speakers produce horrid sound. This car simply fails to do anything well.

Like it...but too noisy
By Shannon on 02/15/07 19:24 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new. Took until about 18000 miles before it started getting good gas mileage 36-39 mpg mainly highway, so do not get discouraged, it does improve! Am very disappointed in the road noise and uncomfortable seats. The windows do not seal real well. If there is a good cross wind, the side mirrors produce a high- pitched whining noise. Would not recommend this car for highway commuters who spend more than 30 minutes on the interstate one-way. It is very good in the city and the road noise is not really a problem when driving at slower speeds. It is very peppy and fun to drive. Have had absolutely no problems with it.

Very Pleased
By Richard Hay on 02/02/07 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 23700 mi.,at,cc,pl,pw for just under TMV price. Getting 30/38 city/hway mpg. Adequate power,quiet, like the visibility,head room,ground clearance,ease of access,ride. I am expecting excellent reliability.

XRS is worth it
By Dave on 01/30/07 07:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I had purchased a Matrix XR...always wishing I had a Matrix XRS. I couldn't find one when I started looking again so I got the Corolla XRS and am loving it. I've put 15000 miles on it in the last year. I purchased snow tires for winter as the summer rated tires suck in the snow and cold we have in Minnesota.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By John on 12/06/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always owned Chrysler products. This the first Toyota I've ever owned but it will not be the last. Have not one problem with it other than the routine oil changes it has never been in the shop. The only complant I have is that it lacks a little power when the AC is on and no remote trunk release with keyless entry.

My Report
By Corolla Sport on 12/06/06 05:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The best small care I ever owned since 1963!

Needs more power but good on gas
By stevesoxx on 11/29/06 05:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Needs more power. Engine jiggles car. Good on gas and nice styling