2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Quality
By griffyx on 03/06/08 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has left me on the side of the road. The computer (ECU) needed replaced. The window molding is a joke and coming off. It makes a cow sounding noise running at about 35 mph or breaking. Always is hard to start. The quality has slipped on the Corollas.

Economical but boring
By mnoeltne on 02/25/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I tried to like this car. It's relatively inexpensive, it gets great gas mileage, and Toyotas tend to be super-reliable. Our Corolla is all of that, but it's boring to drive, and I just cannot find a comfortable seating position in this car. I've adjusted everything that can be adjusted and I still get pain in my lower back and upper legs after driving this car for more than 45 minutes. I ended up giving my wife this car, and I started driving our 04 Golf TDI. My wife is happy enough with the car so we still have marital bliss. But, I have to say that I probably will not buy another one like this unless the redesigned models have improved seating.

An excellent car
By Corolla 05 owner on 01/10/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Corolla in 2005 and am extremely pleased. Gas mileage is its strongest suit, a consistent 37-40 mpg (41 when I first bought it, and I'd probably still be getting that if I changed the air filter more frequently and didn't drive 70-75 mph). I've had no mechanical problems at all, just the occasional oil change, fluid fill-up. 5sp manual makes it fairly fun to drive and allows me to compensate for the moderately low horsepower (126) when accelerating so I can beat out a lot of 'faster' cars if I need to. Stability does suffer around 75 mph, especially on a windy day. When I change tires, I'll put larger ones on. The interior is extremely roomy and well-designed.

Great Car
By Mac on 12/08/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

3000+ mile trip. 39.9 MPG with automatic transmission and A/C running in June. Gets 28 to 31 MPG in city. Most economical car I have ever owned. Battery failed at 26000 miles. Out of state dealership paid tow and battery at no charge. Couldn't ask for better service and I can't fault any company about a defective battery.

Really fun car
By C2 on 11/07/07 20:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the XRS 2 1/2 years ago. It's a great, fun car for a real value. I wasn't excited about buying a Corolla until I found out about the XRS - then I had to have it. As soon as I test drove it, within minutes, I knew I had to have this car. Really fun to own and drive.

I wish I knew about this car earlier
By kevin on 10/17/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a business and efficiency was not an issue. I had a BMW and I also owned a Ford Sport trac. In 2002 my business went bankrupt and I had almost no money. I bought a 1993 toyota tercel. That car cost me nothing for repairs and it would run and run. I promised myself to stick with Toyota forever because it saved my life. I bought a Corolla in 2006. It's perfect. It runs like a swiss watch. Never been to a repair shop. Never has a problem. It's 100% reliable. And this car makes you money if you work fo a company because the gas mileage is excellent.

Great car
By Mike on 09/18/07 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car new two years ago and have put 55,000 miles on it. The car is equipped with the 6 disc CD player and sunroof. Mechanically, the car is flawless. It has not been in the shop once, no rattles, adjustments or repairs. Longest road trip was 8 hrs - this is not a luxury sedan but not too bad (I'm 6'). I drive in Texas and the air cond. keeps up fine in 100+ degree summer days. I commute about 100 hwy miles a day roundtrip and get 33-34 mpg. Maxed at 36 mpg on the 8 hr roadtrip (upper 90s temp and air on the whole way). The only thing I would change is adding a telescoping steering wheel, the driving position is awkward.

Corolla S - drive it forever
By Mike on 09/10/07 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car in may 2005 as a hedge on rising fuel prices - just in time! Maintenance free, fun to drive! 40+ MPG highway, mid 30s or better on average. Comfortable, roomy, reasonably quiet.

Little old lady
By margaret Judd on 08/27/07 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car for someone my age. Small enough to handle in tight spots and reliable as to engine and fuel economy.Never had an accident so body is excellent. I like the seat position as it is a little higher than in a Honda I previously owned. Current mileage 11000.

I love my Corolla
By Thebearluvr on 06/30/07 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Corolla and it is proving to be just as reliable as the last one. Drove my last one for 11 years and had zero problems with it. The 05 Corolla is just as reliable. It's comfortable to drive, handles well in all types of weather and looks good. A very good value for the dollar.