Used 2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 340 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I couldn't ask anymore of a car.
By L.Roy

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota and I have to ask myself why it took so long for me to buy one. I've owned just about every other car make on the planet at one time or another. At one time I even owned a Fiat. But this Toyota has a jewel box build quality about it. It's large enough to be comfortable. It has a large trunk. It rides quiet and smooth. And it gets great gas mileage. I'm averaging over 35 mpg. I've had no problems with the car and after reading other reviews I don't expect any. Another benefit is the resale value. This is a great car and I highly recommend it.

I like the many storage areas and the way it all fits together.

None.

BEST CAR ON THE MARKET FOR THE $$
By Mommi

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my '03 Corolla S for an '05. I thought the '03 was outstanding! The '05 is even better! I love this car, it has power, space and style. I am 24 and have a 2 year old. When purchasing this car I took into consideration the safety, reliability and of course overall look. It has a sporty exterior with all the comforts of a family sedan. Plus the price can't be beat for the quality!! I recommend this car to anyone!

My favorite features are the sporty ground effects, sunroof and interior comforts like adjustable headrests, seatbelts and steering wheel.

I have no suggestions for improvements. I absolutely love this car!!

my xrs
By moneek

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Toyota Corolla. I had the 2003 s series before I got my 2005 XRS. When I first drove my car off the lot and hit the freeway it made me scream. The power and speed were amazing. I love the race car bucket seats and the chrome trimming. However, the beep beep noise that the car makes when it is in reverse or when you don't put your seatbelt on fast enough are a pain in the "you know where." Overall the driving experience has been a pleasurable one.

My six gears, my custom made hot pink and black interior and my spoiler.

Cut out all of the beeping!!!

Had a Civic
By RAY

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my '02 Honda Civic EX in for the '05 Corolla LE. Hands down, better car all around. Its more peppie, more zip, better interior and after almost 8 months, no problems. My Civic within the 1 st 3 yrs, compressor, struts, fan had to be replaced. This is much better car. The JBL sound system is much better versus the upgraded Honda one.

Sound system, dash layout, wood grain trim.

trunk opener on remote and "sound" when locking the car with the remote. The lights just don't get it.

My New Car
By Nick

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When we bought this car I thought it was going to be to boring. Another Toyota well not to put them down but, they can be boring. We had a Camry before and the only fun part was the V6, and now we were loosing that. Oh well I was wrong. This car is much more fun than the Camry. Easy to park, spunky, fast for a 4 cylinder. Got all the features on this baby its loaded, and I stayed under $18,000. Talk about the gas milage were getting between 36- 38 mpg on the highway. My Camry was lucky to get 23-24. I love this car and its better looking all around.

Quite, comfortable, great gas milage, Iraq isn't getting all my money haha. Good looking, perfect for all ages male or female. 6 disc is hot, saftey is all there 6 airbags.

A tiny bit more room, seats need to sit a little lower, telescoping wheel like the focus would be nice. Arm rest in the back seat is needed. Abs should be standard had to pay extra.