Used 2005 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My New Car
By Nick

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When we bought this car I thought it was going to be to boring. Another Toyota well not to put them down but, they can be boring. We had a Camry before and the only fun part was the V6, and now we were loosing that. Oh well I was wrong. This car is much more fun than the Camry. Easy to park, spunky, fast for a 4 cylinder. Got all the features on this baby its loaded, and I stayed under $18,000. Talk about the gas milage were getting between 36- 38 mpg on the highway. My Camry was lucky to get 23-24. I love this car and its better looking all around.

Favorite Features

Quite, comfortable, great gas milage, Iraq isn't getting all my money haha. Good looking, perfect for all ages male or female. 6 disc is hot, saftey is all there 6 airbags.

Suggested Improvements

A tiny bit more room, seats need to sit a little lower, telescoping wheel like the focus would be nice. Arm rest in the back seat is needed. Abs should be standard had to pay extra.

Best choice in class
By AJT

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best car in the class for performance compacts. Very good performance + great build + great resale value + good safety (with side airbags). Considered Nissan Sentra (reliability problems) and Honda Accord (price problems). Corolla S didn't have enough oomph for me, plus IMPOSSIBLE to find with ABS. XRS could use more oomph at low RPMs, but still plenty for day-to-day. This car's engine "boosts" at 7K RPM, but you'll rarely have a chance to get up there. 30-32 MPG highway, you'll downshift out of 6th to pass quickly though. Great handling comes with rougher ride. You'll get "jostled" in your seat going over rougher roads, but very stable in corners, especially on/off ramps.

Favorite Features

I love cars that handle well, even if they are not as fast as others in class. XRS has GREAT handling!!! Comfortable seats. Great gas mileage for car with this power. Trunk has good space for no fold down option. Styling has been criticized, but it has "boy-racer" look of 1990 BMW M3. I like it.

Suggested Improvements

Too much beeping! Seat belt warning, reverse gear warning (HIGHLY annoying), ugh! Dash lights on high are too bright at night, one setting down is too low during day. Sunroof button needs to be pushed twice to close. Radio controls not intuitive. Hard to see out back, removed rear headrests.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my car!!!
By Stargirl

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This model of Corolla is like no other. For the price you pay, you get way more car for your buck then say a Civic. It is so fun to drive. It hugs turns like a little race car. I love the 6 speed. The body of the car is really cute and does not look like a boring sedan. I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the ground effects, spoiler, moonroof, 6 speed manual, 16 in rims, 170 hp engine, strut bar (that is what makes it so tight around turns). Ok, Ok what don't I like about the car? Nothing!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would possibly change would be that the dash and the stereo all be the same color. The instrument panel lights up really awesome with white and red but the stereo, clock and ac/heater all light up green. I wish that it all lit up white. But it really is not a big deal.

The Best Small Car in the market
By Abe Ganguly

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota Corolla 2005 is a fun to drive good looking compact car. Reliable, quiet, smooth, powerful sound system, attractive dashboard, automatic headlights. Excellent buy for recent graduates and others who love compact cars at an affordable price.

Favorite Features

The dashboard, the smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Like someone else said, full alarm pre- installed in the LE model of this car would be great. I did not buy the additional alarm system and wish that they would pre install it.

Excellent Review
By Luann

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A very fun and gas-efficient easy to maneuver and most attractive car that can also accomodate a family with lots of trunk space and ability to transport when needed larger longer items in the trunk by taking the backseat down! This has become very handy with a small business and a trip to the local home store!!! I have gotten many comments on how attractive this 2005 model is from friends and family!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the fuel efficiency factor at this time. I really love the way the care maneuvers in tight spots. The car is very attractive for a small car. The large space in the trunk enables you to put lots of luggage for a family traveling and longer items by putting the seat down.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I miss from other models is that this model has no power windows or door locks. That is the only drawback in this model I chose for economy. I really miss the power door locks especially with the kids and convenience of having that option.