2005 Toyota Corolla CE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2005 Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Sort Reviews by

Good affordable new car
By Pritesh

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very Fun to Drive.COuld come to comparison with honda civic though the latter one is expensive

Favorite Features

lifted seats roomy interior and air bag sign

Suggested Improvements

better pick up auto locks and windows

She's a Fast One
By tsperl28

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first vehicle for my to actually fully take all the financial responsbility in. I believe I made a great decision. The XRS sells itself. It may have costed me over $25000 after tax, title and lease trade-in, but this car will be a joy for years to come!

Favorite Features

6-speed,170hp, quickness on acceration, new body design, smoked head lamps, ABS with front and rear disc, gauges, layout of the dash, subwoofer in the trunk, the awesome 16" wheels, performance Michelin Pilot Primacy tires, tire pressure monitor, suspension and body stability components.

Suggested Improvements

Side air bags standard

Great-More Than an Econo Car
By jbal

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Although I have only had this great vehicle for 2 weeks, I bought it for the better that 17-18mpg I get on my Explorer. My commute is 70 miles 1 way including the Washington Beltway and stop and go, bumper to bumper driving over 2-2 1/2hrs is common. I have been getting about 33mpg with all that and the car handles so well. The seats do get a bit hard after 2 hours in traffic but it is so much fun to drive you can forget that. There is also more back seat room than in my Explorer so that is also much appreciated. Toyota has done an excellent engineering job with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is superb and handling is quite nimble.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats would help a bit.

this is a greatcar
By roxy

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car

Favorite Features

this is a great car to own everything is great about it

Suggested Improvements

nothing

Just a great value....
By brt714

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2005 Corolla LE after driving a 1992 Nissan pickup for almost 200,000 miles. I ran the Nissan as long as I could and have to admit it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only part I replaced on it was the starter. Not bad for almost 200,000 miles. The Corolla LE is very smooth and confortable and as all Japanese cars, is very solid and well- built. I was looking at Camrys, but with gas prices in the scary range I went with something a little more fuel- efficient and something with a lower monthly payment. I was showing it to a coworker and she thought it was a Camry

Favorite Features

Fuel economy Solid feel Smooth ride Overall comfort

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel feels a little far from the drivers seat despite adjustments to seat and steering wheel.

OK for rental, would not buy.
By RJBME

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had this vehicle for three days as a rental in Denver, CO and it suited this purpose quite well. I guess as a commuter or grocery-getter, it would be a reasonable choice. The main problem is that this car is WAY underpowered (getting on the expressway is scarry business and having the pedal to the floor on hills was not uncommon) and not fun to drive at all. I've driven 1.0L in Europe that performed better. The driving dynamics seem awkward at best, likely due to the vague steering. The passenger comfort is decent for this class of car but overall, this car is mediocre at best. I would consider a Focus instead as it's more fun to drive and has the 2.3L.

Favorite Features

Interior storage and trunk space is very nice. Seating position for driver isn't too shabby either. Fit & finish as well as the smart passenger airbag is a nice touch for this class of auto. The exterior temp reading in the cluster is cool too.

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER (is there *really* 130 hp in there?), exterior styling could be made much less bland and the body could be made to seem less tinny.

They get better and better!
By steve B

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had to give my 2001 Corolla to my daughter so I picked up a new S. My son has the Corolla LE 2003, one daughter has a 1999 LE, and the wife has a 2000 camry. The 2005 S has the best ride. A great improvement in comfort and road feel from the 2001. I would rather have this car than a BMW. It sits higher than the older Corolla and has a very solid feel and response. The backseat is still just a tad bit small for a tall person when the driver's seat is back. That is the only very minor complaint. For the money, this is the very best! Honda does not get close to this one.

Favorite Features

Moon roof and solid feel with great steering. Design and sharp lines. Good sound with the factory radio and plenty of storage space. Everything to like, err love!

Suggested Improvements

Add a little more space for rear passenger legs.

I love this car!!!
By asrebnack

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just got this car and I absoultely love it! It is so cute and so fun to drive! I did have a 2001 Alero which was a lemon. I am much more relieved to be in a Toyota. These babies run forever. I get so many compliments and am so glad that I chose this car!

Favorite Features

Everything I love it all! The car design is brillant!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that could be improved is the cd changer does not switch the cds logically. Instead of only using 3 and 4 we should be able to hit disc and hit either 1,2,3,4,5,6 to choose the cd we want to listen to.

What a Ride...
By snowright

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first new car in 11 years and I am glad I chose this car. I really like the way it looks and drives. It is a very comfortable car

Favorite Features

The way the airbag in the front seat adjusts automatically when the person sits in the front seat.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really

Why pay more?
By rvp

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very comparable to older Camrys I've owned. A real big reliable small car that provides excellent basic transportation.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas milage both on the highway and in town. Interior is not only functional but astecitly pleasing.

Suggested Improvements

Antenna should be imbossed in window like in older model Toyotas