2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great-More Than an Econo Car
By jbal on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Although I have only had this great vehicle for 2 weeks, I bought it for the better that 17-18mpg I get on my Explorer. My commute is 70 miles 1 way including the Washington Beltway and stop and go, bumper to bumper driving over 2-2 1/2hrs is common. I have been getting about 33mpg with all that and the car handles so well. The seats do get a bit hard after 2 hours in traffic but it is so much fun to drive you can forget that. There is also more back seat room than in my Explorer so that is also much appreciated. Toyota has done an excellent engineering job with this vehicle.

She's a Fast One
By tsperl28 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first vehicle for my to actually fully take all the financial responsbility in. I believe I made a great decision. The XRS sells itself. It may have costed me over $25000 after tax, title and lease trade-in, but this car will be a joy for years to come!

this is a greatcar
By roxy on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car

Just a great value....
By brt714 on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2005 Corolla LE after driving a 1992 Nissan pickup for almost 200,000 miles. I ran the Nissan as long as I could and have to admit it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only part I replaced on it was the starter. Not bad for almost 200,000 miles. The Corolla LE is very smooth and confortable and as all Japanese cars, is very solid and well- built. I was looking at Camrys, but with gas prices in the scary range I went with something a little more fuel- efficient and something with a lower monthly payment. I was showing it to a coworker and she thought it was a Camry

OK for rental, would not buy.
By RJBME on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had this vehicle for three days as a rental in Denver, CO and it suited this purpose quite well. I guess as a commuter or grocery-getter, it would be a reasonable choice. The main problem is that this car is WAY underpowered (getting on the expressway is scarry business and having the pedal to the floor on hills was not uncommon) and not fun to drive at all. I've driven 1.0L in Europe that performed better. The driving dynamics seem awkward at best, likely due to the vague steering. The passenger comfort is decent for this class of car but overall, this car is mediocre at best. I would consider a Focus instead as it's more fun to drive and has the 2.3L.

They get better and better!
By steve B on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had to give my 2001 Corolla to my daughter so I picked up a new S. My son has the Corolla LE 2003, one daughter has a 1999 LE, and the wife has a 2000 camry. The 2005 S has the best ride. A great improvement in comfort and road feel from the 2001. I would rather have this car than a BMW. It sits higher than the older Corolla and has a very solid feel and response. The backseat is still just a tad bit small for a tall person when the driver's seat is back. That is the only very minor complaint. For the money, this is the very best! Honda does not get close to this one.

I love this car!!!
By asrebnack on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just got this car and I absoultely love it! It is so cute and so fun to drive! I did have a 2001 Alero which was a lemon. I am much more relieved to be in a Toyota. These babies run forever. I get so many compliments and am so glad that I chose this car!

What a Ride...
By snowright on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first new car in 11 years and I am glad I chose this car. I really like the way it looks and drives. It is a very comfortable car

the best
By dmbc on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

best car toyota has made in a long time.

Why pay more?
By rvp on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very comparable to older Camrys I've owned. A real big reliable small car that provides excellent basic transportation.