Used 2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 340 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Drive up into the mountains
By Rob

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this car! Fun to drive.Gorgeous interior. Plenty of pep. A fun little commuter car. 26 inch fully assembled mtn bike fits in back. My gas mileage is 30 around town, 37 on hwy. A\C nice and cold. Nice control layout and function. Car is very well sealed from outside air. Moderate road noise, not super quiet (recommend loud stereo). Some Corolla reviews I have read talk about the tires skidding on turns and other nonsense. This car handles beautifully. It is tight and responsive, but it's not a dang race car. If you want to play Fast and Furious, buy something else.

Where to start... everything on this car is so smart and well thought-out. The interior is just so cool and roomy, seats are very comfortable, everyone comments on the seat comfort.

My only complaint, not a big deal, I wish the steering wheel telescoped toward the driver a bit. I like to put my seat way back and it feels like I have to reach way forward to the wheel. Road noise level is a bit high but not ridiculous.

Love my car
By LINDA

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota, 2 Camrys before and I have loved them all. My new Toyota Corolla is a dream to drive. I spend approx 2 hrs a day in traffic and with the great sound system and comfort it makes the trip so much easier. When my husband is ready to buy a new car again he is convinced it will be a Toyota.

Sound system is great, seats are comfortable, displays are easy to see and have easy access

Have a cargo net included for trunk space. The only thng I wish was different, I am short and with the seat up for me to drive, the console is too far back for me to rest my arm in it.

Toyota Corolla CE Manual
By Robert

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the 2005 Toyota Corolla CE manual. It's my very first car ever and I went with Toyota because of their reliability and the low cost of the car. Couln't be happier. Amazing gas mileage. I've put 600 miles on the car and I've only had to fill it up once so far.

The fact that the CD player is standard. I also like the fact you can unlock all the doors from the driver side door lock. Very comfortable drive.

Power windows and door locks should be standard. Awkward seating controls. Pumping the seat up or down should be electric not manual. But other than that the car runs great and is a bargain

Corolla performs, efficiently
By Cal Rolla

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After nearly a year with my Corolla, I'm still discovering its amazing fusion of efficiency with performance. Notice I did not use the word "compromise" between performance and efficiency, but fusion. The Toyota engineers have managed to create a car sips gasoline but can kick butt when I ask it to. I love this car. The standard issue tires had to go, and I could ask for more in driver seating comfort, but overall I am delighted with a car that gives the mileage the stodgy environmentalist in me demands, with the fun and sheer power the teenager in me loves. I shut them down on the streets of California. And I can still look myself in the mirror, knowing my car is wasting. Thanks, Toy

Power combined with efficiency. Handling, cornering, smooth ride, good visibility, good sound system, great mileage! I feel I am in control of a safe vehicle that has the power to move when I need to, but not at the expense of poor gas milage. And the price tag made it all possible.

Seating took some getting used to, still not too comfortable after hours at the wheel. I suspect it's seating position to keep the driver away from the air bag in the steering wheel. Work on it. I put on Hydroedge tires and it became a different car -- issue better tires. No other complaints!

I saw it and I liked it
By ricky55

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this Corolla after having my Camry for 10 years. I needed better gas mileage and lower car payments. I am also glad these cars last at least ten years. I was not disappointed. The car is actually more spunky to drive than my old Camry. This car can zip down the highway if I push it. It has more personal space than my old Camry.

Feel, comfort seating, fun to drive. Everything within in reach. Lots of compartments.

Less wind and/or revving up RPM noises. Better standard am/fm radio.