Used 2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Corolla performs, efficiently
By Cal Rolla

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After nearly a year with my Corolla, I'm still discovering its amazing fusion of efficiency with performance. Notice I did not use the word "compromise" between performance and efficiency, but fusion. The Toyota engineers have managed to create a car sips gasoline but can kick butt when I ask it to. I love this car. The standard issue tires had to go, and I could ask for more in driver seating comfort, but overall I am delighted with a car that gives the mileage the stodgy environmentalist in me demands, with the fun and sheer power the teenager in me loves. I shut them down on the streets of California. And I can still look myself in the mirror, knowing my car is wasting. Thanks, Toy

Power combined with efficiency. Handling, cornering, smooth ride, good visibility, good sound system, great mileage! I feel I am in control of a safe vehicle that has the power to move when I need to, but not at the expense of poor gas milage. And the price tag made it all possible.

Seating took some getting used to, still not too comfortable after hours at the wheel. I suspect it's seating position to keep the driver away from the air bag in the steering wheel. Work on it. I put on Hydroedge tires and it became a different car -- issue better tires. No other complaints!

I saw it and I liked it
By ricky55

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this Corolla after having my Camry for 10 years. I needed better gas mileage and lower car payments. I am also glad these cars last at least ten years. I was not disappointed. The car is actually more spunky to drive than my old Camry. This car can zip down the highway if I push it. It has more personal space than my old Camry.

Feel, comfort seating, fun to drive. Everything within in reach. Lots of compartments.

Less wind and/or revving up RPM noises. Better standard am/fm radio.

Perfect "Luxury" Car
By College_boy85

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I say Luxury, I mean Affordable. The car looks like a million bucks, yet costs around 16k. I love it, and I'm a college student. I'm only averaging 30 miles to the gallon, wish it was better. Much better buy than the Echo, which seems impossible to find anywhere. I love the wood trim, wish that xmradio was installed from the factory, but it was much cheaper, im sure to install it myself. The cabin gets some wind noise on the expressway but I've been in many worse cars. I tell you what, this 05 corolla has made me a Toyota buyer for life. Vehicles are the worst investment you can make, but Toyota helps you minimise that by great quality, and keeping its value much longer.Buy it.

05 Corolla CE
By April

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car! Good acceleration and acceptable stereo. Only undesirable interior design factor I have found is driver side right arm rest.There's not much too it and it's kind of awkward to have you arm rest on it. Out of 10, overall, I give the Toyota Corolla CE a 9.5!

Exterior body style and spacious back seat and truck.Also the 60/40 rear fold down seats.

Right side driver arm rest. It should be adjustable for taller people.

second time around
By comedybit

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this is my second toyota corolla, and I like it! I wish the gas mileage was better, its only about 32mph with regular unleaded. It has great power on the highway, I never feel like i'm going to get runover by the semi trucks.

power door locks, cruise control, CD player, overall style

make power windows available on the CE model.