Used 2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Fantastic vehicle
By Kabir Wali

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, Toyota nailed it with this model. I own a 2005 Corolla Sports sedan with 112k now that I bought with 90k in March of 2014. It's really reliable, the gas mileage is great, the stock sound system they have is good also. Gives you close to 35mpg when you're driving on the highway, I like the fact that anything mechanically is easy to fix and cheap as well. Personally I have no issues with this car, mine came with the moonroof which was another pro for this car. The couple of things I wish it had was a aux slot, and steering wheel volume control as I keep leaning forward to change the radio station or make the music louder. Other than that, the car is great, hopefully I can put a lot more miles on it.

Amazing car!
By Amanda

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2005. I have over 200, 000 miles and it is still going strong. This car has taken me to so many states and so many places. It is hard to part with)because of the memories I have had). I just finally starting to look at a new vehicle because I need an SUV for work. I am considering the RAV4 because I just had routine maintenance with my Corolla (nothing major). This car has also held up so well in wrecks. It is extremely safe.

Fantastic Car
By jayhawker1983

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Corolla CE that just turned over 170,000 miles. I have done nothing to it except routine maintenance. Runs just like it did when it was new. I plan on keeping it until the engine falls out of it.

Reliability. Have had no problems whatsoever with this car. Gas mileage - 36 MPG highway after 10 years and 170,000 miles.

Telescoping wheel.

Most reliable car I have ever owned
By brymil2

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of vehicles and have put a ton of miles on them. However, my 2005 Corolla has been by far the most reliable among all of them. I bought it brand new in late 2004 and performed all the required maintenance myself. What stands out about this car is that I drove it 178k miles before ANY repair was needed. Very few cars have performed that well. It ended up being the intake manifold gasket which what I hear from others, it one of the few things that go wrong with this car. I have averaged 35 mpg in 65% highway driving. I handed it down to my son but still drive it on occasion. Still going strong with 182k miles. Toyota has come close to perfecting this vehicle!

Reliability and fuel economy. Being a small car, tires, brakes, suspension, struts, all last a long time!

None!

Don't let toyota fool you anymore!
By a_mechanic_001

2005 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I worked for a dealership, and now I own a Toyota. I have to tell you, this car is the cheapest pile of garbage they have ever produced!! Recalls on computers, serpentine belt tensioners that fail, belts that make noise, intake manifold gaskets that crack and leak..

It runs, the paint is cheap and peels, its a car.. the stereo is decent though and it gets you from A to B until it dies as designed to at around 150,000 miles max.

Fuel pump costs $1000.00 - no reason for this. Stop using cheap plastic and purposely designing the vehicle to squeak and make noise! The Bezel around the radio warps and touches the black climate control unit, it will start buzzing every time you hit the gas and you will NEVER get it to go away!! - Design a tensioner that doesn't lose tension, I shouldn't have to buy aftermarket parts that are better than Toyota parts!!!!!!!!! This vehicle has every sign of planned obsolescence built in!! all metal is gone, all plastic clips are designed to make noise. The heater vents arent even put together anymore, they sit there and move around. - feel free to email to ask me in detail about toyotas.

• SUV