2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
2005-2006 XRS is good to have one
By Andy on 06/23/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I had my 1986 Corolla GTS before and now I have chance to own a XRS. Though Corolla is an entry level of Toyota but still surprises me after many years! After 9 months driving, I am really satisfied with it. As a used car, the price go down a lot to a reasonable amount. However, the cornering still need to be improved by upgrading aftermarket parts. The original tuned suspension is unable to handle this car anymore which I feel too soft. 0-60 mph only 7.2 sec with top speed 130 mph (Lock by limiter) and 28 mpg with mixing freeway and local (I live in SF Bay area) If you plan to buy Scion tC, I would recommend you to have this one instead if you don't mind have a used car.

Highly Recommend
By Kevin on 09/20/09 22:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car at the end of August of 2005 and wasn't too sure what the XRS model was. After 4 years of owning it, I think its a pretty good daily driver. It's fun to drive and has enough power to keep up with flow of traffic. The 6 speed manual is what makes it different from the other models and the 2zz-ge motor revs up to 8200 rpm which makes a really fun to drive when the lift kicks in.

The Best of Many Worlds
By P. Onsager on 07/27/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I spent a lot of time deciding on a car. I was almost sure I wanted a Civic Si, but when I randomly saw and test drove the XRS, my search had come to an end. It combines comfort, very decent styling, excellent interior materials and build quality, and easily the most rev-happy engine in its class. It can be driven mildly, as it doesn't actually hit 170hp until high (6-7k) rps but if you actually enjoy driving, it's a blast. Love revving way up in 1st and you're good to go from there on out. Combine these things with the fact that Toyota has maintained a reliability record that with Honda has been on the decline, and you have one great car...if you're lucky enough to find one!

Best car I've ever owned!
By Dusty Jarhead on 02/18/09 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car over four years and it's been 100% reliable, best handling car I've driven, great performance, and the seat gives my fairly seriously messed-up spine the best support I've found in a car seat. Mileage is very good - the only vehicle I've owned that used less gas was a Suzuki/Chevy Swift/Sprint. I'd buy this again without hesitation and have recommended the model to other folks since I got mine.

I love and hate my Corolla XRS
By leslie on 09/23/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love driving it, I like how fast you can go but have not been over 85 in it. I don't know how hard it was driven before me but March 2008 the transmission went out. June wheel bearing went bad, replaced it and again in July. And in September gotta replace again.

Really fun car
By C2 on 11/07/07 20:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the XRS 2 1/2 years ago. It's a great, fun car for a real value. I wasn't excited about buying a Corolla until I found out about the XRS - then I had to have it. As soon as I test drove it, within minutes, I knew I had to have this car. Really fun to own and drive.

XRS is worth it
By Dave on 01/30/07 07:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I had purchased a Matrix XR...always wishing I had a Matrix XRS. I couldn't find one when I started looking again so I got the Corolla XRS and am loving it. I've put 15000 miles on it in the last year. I purchased snow tires for winter as the summer rated tires suck in the snow and cold we have in Minnesota.

Xrs owner
By Brian on 04/21/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have now owned the car for over a year and a half. I'm 22 and may be a little ruff with it at times. I love the car, but had a few problems with it. At 22,000 miles two tires blew and by 30,000 I had replace the other two. At about 15,000 miles the fuel injector had to be replaced already. The clutch fried out at 37,000 miles and had to pay $1,400 to have it replaced. But over all I wouldn't trade it for anything, I don't know why it's just a nice car.

Get some snow tires...
By Todd on 02/05/06 00:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car back in April of last year and posted a review in July. Since then, I've had my first experience with it in snow and have some advice for those that want to buy one - get. some. snow. tires! The performance tires that come on the car are great on dry asphalt but I couldn't do a thing with the car once a half inch of snow was on the ground. No go; no stop; no turn.

Sporty Old man
By Rafael on 10/14/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was a Honda fan for the last 10 years, this is my first Toyota and I am excited with the performance in this car The XRS attracted me from the very first time that I saw on TV, especially the new DOHC engine with 170 hp, Honda never offered nothing like this and with any of the cars that I had, the closest one now is Honda the civic Si, which I already made him eat my dust, when I recently encountered one here on the highway. What else can I say!!!