Used 2005 Toyota Corolla S Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Fantastic vehicle
By Kabir Wali

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, Toyota nailed it with this model. I own a 2005 Corolla Sports sedan with 112k now that I bought with 90k in March of 2014. It's really reliable, the gas mileage is great, the stock sound system they have is good also. Gives you close to 35mpg when you're driving on the highway, I like the fact that anything mechanically is easy to fix and cheap as well. Personally I have no issues with this car, mine came with the moonroof which was another pro for this car.

The couple of things I wish it had was a aux slot, and steering wheel volume control as I keep leaning forward to change the radio station or make the music louder.

Other than that, the car is great, hopefully I can put a lot more miles on it.

Best car I ever had
By jkellz

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my corolla in 04 with only 9miles on it. As of July 2010 i have 242,000+ miles on it and it still drives great. My first clutch lasted up for about 188,000 miles before it was replaced. but its not something to be driven in the snow.

nothing, perfect car, would buy two?

Dependable car - as it should be
By JSW

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this after owning a 1996 Dodge Stratus. Have not regretted the decision. Fantastic commute car with EXCELLENT gas mileage. Now at almost 88K miles, its showing the wear and tear, but its a keeper. Reliable and very dependable vehicle. It has never let me down on my commute to Denver - even in winter snow storms. As for other reviewers that have reported mechanical problems...stuff like this happens, live with it.

Gas mileage. Dependability.

Would like to see a hybrid model down the line, but it would have to beat 40MPG that I get with the current model. Needs more power ;-)

Maintenance
By Greg

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car was good for the first 4 years. Dealer will try to talk you into maintenance that you don't need. Better hope your fuel pump doesn't breakdown. It costs $1140 to get a new fuel pump installed. Better hope your headlight doesn't crack. $200 just for the part. That doesn't even include labor. Overall, I would rate it 7 out of 10.

Body style

Make the car parts more affordable.

All good at first
By Roxane

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Me and my car have a love hate relationship. I love the design and the way it drives. It is very easy to get around in. I bought my car in 06 it had 10,000 miles on it but looked brand new, In June of 08 the fuel pump went out (new fuel pump cost 798.00), May of 09 cylinder coil went out replaced and it still isn't running right. They just don't make Toyota like they use to.

easy to handle, great fuel millage

more dependable