Used 2005 Toyota Corolla S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best car I ever had
By jkellz

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my corolla in 04 with only 9miles on it. As of July 2010 i have 242,000+ miles on it and it still drives great. My first clutch lasted up for about 188,000 miles before it was replaced. but its not something to be driven in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

nothing, perfect car, would buy two?

Dependable car - as it should be
By JSW

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this after owning a 1996 Dodge Stratus. Have not regretted the decision. Fantastic commute car with EXCELLENT gas mileage. Now at almost 88K miles, its showing the wear and tear, but its a keeper. Reliable and very dependable vehicle. It has never let me down on my commute to Denver - even in winter snow storms. As for other reviewers that have reported mechanical problems...stuff like this happens, live with it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see a hybrid model down the line, but it would have to beat 40MPG that I get with the current model. Needs more power ;-)

Maintenance
By Greg

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car was good for the first 4 years. Dealer will try to talk you into maintenance that you don't need. Better hope your fuel pump doesn't breakdown. It costs $1140 to get a new fuel pump installed. Better hope your headlight doesn't crack. $200 just for the part. That doesn't even include labor. Overall, I would rate it 7 out of 10.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Make the car parts more affordable.

All good at first
By Roxane

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Me and my car have a love hate relationship. I love the design and the way it drives. It is very easy to get around in. I bought my car in 06 it had 10,000 miles on it but looked brand new, In June of 08 the fuel pump went out (new fuel pump cost 798.00), May of 09 cylinder coil went out replaced and it still isn't running right. They just don't make Toyota like they use to.

Favorite Features

easy to handle, great fuel millage

Suggested Improvements

more dependable

Love my Corolla S
By Dobart

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I looked for the vehicle for over 6 months and ended up at a dealership in used cars. First thing I noticed when I had them put the car up on the lift for inspection was a few drips of oil under the oil pan. The sales person assured me it was from the recent oil change. I kept an eye on it for a few weeks and it continued. Took the car to a nearby Toyota dealership and they found a leaking spot weld in the oil pan. Manufacturer warranty covered the replacement and I was good to go! The car is a great and gets 28-32 city and some highway driving in a big city. Very good handling and reliability is acceptable. Have only had to change oil and rotate tires.

Favorite Features

Low maintenance and handles great in snow and ice. Very good radio and speakers, easy to read dash and plenty of interior room front and back with 60/40 fold down seats!

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space