2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Kari's review

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Kari's review
By Kari on

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 2001 Chevy Blazer that had 24,000 miles upon purchase and had nothing but electrical problems, I traded it in at 36,000 mi, it was junk. In Dec 2003 I bought my 04 Corolla, it now has 70,000 miles and it's been very reliable. The only downfall is that I've had numerous moonroof problems. I have also noticed over the past few months that the alternator belt is starting to squeak, but that is just normal wear and tear to the belt. It will have to have a new belt one of these days, but big deal it's only about $15.00 at AutoZone. Most my driving is highway and I notice that it's not very well in windy conditions, but slow down and stay in right lane and you'll be okay

I like the exterior and interior design, especially the white faced gauges and wood-like trim. I like the gas mileage (ave. 33, and if anybody is getting less than that, stop flooring it, it's a 4-cyl., it's supposed to be slower, that what makes it economical, after all, it's not a sports car.)

Add remote trunk feature and steering wheel radio controls, and a telescopic steering wheel. I would also add an inch or so in between pedals, my husband's feet get stuck in between sometimes, then he complains to me. I would also suggest a better quality moonroof. Otherwise, I love the car.