Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

All in all AOK car
By lyraleblanc

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest gripe: the steering wheel is too close to the dash, so if I adjust the seat for leg comfort, I can't reach it. Make steering wheel telescopic!! Handling is very good, ride a little bumpy (well, it's not a Camry). Exterior scratches very easily. My dogs ride comfortably. *Great* mileage. Did brakes/rotors at 50K, otherwise have done nothing but oil changes and it runs like a charm. Very reliable, which I love - I never have to worry about being stranded.

Mileage, reliability, rear cup holders.

Make steering wheel telescopic, and while you're at it, make it thinner as well (what is with the trend toward fat steering wheels - they are much harder on my hands!). Also, make better floor mats - these wear out like they came from the clearance section at walmart!

Very good
By Madhusudan

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used last year and have driven 10,000 miles since then. So far, it is perfect. No trouble at all. My city driving (to work) should not be considered for mileage as I stop 5 minutes in total 10 minutes; even then it gives me 22. However, on hwy with cruise control (or even without) it goes beyond 40! It's amazing. I also like the huge trunk space. It runs smooth even when it is pretty cold (like 10 degrees outside).

Gas economy; huge trunk space; interior and exterior looks.

Paint chips off easily.

Great Vehicle
By em

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla about 6 months ago and I love it. I commute to school 75 miles a day, three days a week, and I save a lot of money on gas every month. My gas mileage averages out to almost 33 mpg. I had one trip that I took mostly back roads at about 55-60 mph I got nearly 40 mpg. Very reliable and comfortable.

Great gas mileage, comfortable seating, automatic lights, great looking design.

Cruise control and power windows standard.

Love my Corolla!
By Michelle

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2004. Has LE package with upgraded wheels & sunroof. Chose 5-speed manual transmission (more fun to drive). Added leather upholstery from the dealership, which you can't get as an option from the factory-- unless you want to wait a really long time. Also added 2" receiver hitch (for slide-in bike rack), & Bluetooth/iPod compatible CD player. Low mileage so far--just turned 30K and it's 9/2008! Great gas mileage, really fun to drive. Very reliable, solid car--when you just shut the door it sounds solid, not tinny like so many other compact cars. Only complaint was the factory stereo & speakers, but now that they have been changed out, I'm completely happy with the car.

Nice looking, fun to drive, economical, reliable.

It would be nice to be able to be able to turn off the headlights (parking lights are okay) when the car is running. Getting on a ferry, they like you to turn off your headlights while driving aboard, but you can't do it. I guess all cars are getting to be that way though, as standard equipment...

Unhappy
By dissapointed

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great at first. As the years and miles add up more and more stuff breaks. I had to replace the transmission this year due to 'internal failures' which will not be reimbursed. All in all, a POOR CHOICE OF CAR. I will never buy a Toyota again.

The gas mileage is great.