2004 Toyota Corolla CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2004 Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Sort Reviews by

Toyota Corolla S
By Wood

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Corolla is a very good looking and reliable car. It gets great gas milage (31c/h combined.) For a economy car it has a decent amount of space, and overall it gets the job done. But one major flaw is that the driver cabin is very very uncomfortable, and seats need cushioning. I'm 5'10 (average height) and when I pull the seat back for more leg room the steering wheel is too far away, and when I push the seat forward my foot rests too high on the pedal. I've tried every possible adjustment and nothing seems to work. More seating adjusments. (add power seats or pedals)

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, Body kit, interior chrome accents, gas milage, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Please make driver cabin and seats more comfortable. I dread driving car for more than 15 minutes. More features.

Great Car
By Morris

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is our second Corolla and have never owned a vehicle as dependable as this one.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Fun to drive. good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Four wheel drive.

What US cars wish they could be...
By Bennett

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you want quality, reliability, safety, and economy, buy a Corolla. This car drives and feels more expensive than it is. The engine is so smooth. In the past, I shifted when it felt right, or when the engine sounded ready. I can't do that now, because it is too quiet and smooth. Two complaints: 1) The stereo sound quality is poor. 2)If I adjust the seat so that my legs are comfortable, I have to stretch my arms to reach the wheel. The seating position is too high, also. I am still very pleased with my purchase. And I know it will last forever.

Favorite Features

Has a high quality feel. Engine is smooth. Rides like a bigger car.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the weird seating position for the driver. Improve radio sound quality.

This car is the best
By eric

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've hit so many things like curbs and walls, and there was never any damage to the car what so ever.

Favorite Features

I love the wooden interior and Lexus gauges. I like how the head unit has a 6 disc cd changer

Suggested Improvements

Needs to show more than 110 MPH.....That's pretty much it

Unique '04 Corolla S
By Steven

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not so sure now that this car was worth buying. I bought the car used with 10,000 miles on it, and it currently has 22,000 on it. The car has good build quality, but the drivers' door rattles and sounds cheap when you shut it. The car doesn't have enough low-end power, and the gas mileage that Toyota advertises is false, I'm only averaging about 25- 26mpg in the city. I've had a humming noise coming from the vehicle, Toyota said they fixed the problem prior to being there 4 times before. The car start making the sound again, and I'm just fed up and I don't want to take it back there. The interior is nice, sporty, but it lacks the "driver friendly" atmosphere.

Favorite Features

Good 6-Speaker CD sound system, sporty exterior looks, ground effects, chrome finishes in the interior, transmission is usually responsive and smooth, although sometimes it shifts hard, best pick safety rating.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and low end torque, when pulling out this car just don't have enough power. The car could have more safety features standard, get the bugs worked out, make the driving atmosphere more friendly to the driver, I feel jacked up and have to lean on the armrest all the time.

Unique '04 Corolla S
By Steven

I love my Corolla
By Becky

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never bought a new car, right from the dealership before. I love my Corolla. It has been reliable, fun to drive, and easy on gas. I have had to spend no extra $$ on maintenance except scheduled maintenance. I will have this car for a long time.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Roomy interior. Comfortable for those long rides.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion for improvement that I have is to re-position the rear view mirror. the driver side visor can not be fully lowered without hitting the rear view mirror.

I LOVE My Toyota
By Arlene

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The fabulous thing about the Corolla is that although there have been exterior design changes the manufacturer had the great sense never to change the interior layout. There isn't that fumbling around trying to locate thing on the dash board and controls, everything is right where it was on your last Corolla. All you have to do is drive and enjoy!

Favorite Features

In dash CD player!

Suggested Improvements

There is no way to improve this car in my opinion.

Go Corolla
By Go Corolla

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Very reliable, economical and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy. Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more horsepower. Can use an all-wheel-drive version.

MONEY SAVER!!!
By Tristan Rouse

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome!!! Look, style, epa, feel, reliable, and most of all it is the overall the smartest car for it price.

Favorite Features

The overal look of the S model. Ground effects, spoiler, antenna, fog lights, handles, and a really nice paint job. VERY SHARP LOOKING!!!

Suggested Improvements

If I could change something, it would be the seats. The look is awesome, but not extremely comfortable for long rides.