2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
My Corolla
By Lori U on 08/23/06 05:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best cars I have owned. I love the new roomier redesign, the handling and especially in today's market the great gas mileage. I have gotten up to 40 mpg on long road trips. I'm confident that it'll easily run this great for at least 10 years and when in the market, I will most assuredly buy another one.

I love it!
By Leslie Solomon on 08/09/06 05:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, fun to look at, good on gas, reliable and held up beautifully when I was rear ended.

My search is over!
By Ladybug on 07/04/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Corolla promises to be a reliable, fuel efficient car. It is peppy, comfortable, with storage for everything within easy reach. The air vents provide more directional adjustment for heat and air. Two trip odometers, one for gas mileage and the other for actual trip length. No frills, nothing fancy, but I don't need all that. I need a comfortable, reliable car that won't cost a fortune to drive.

"Lovin My Car"
By Courtney on 06/06/06 06:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My car is really great! It was givin to me as a graduation gift from my dad! It's perfect for this time period since gas is extremely pricey. I get 54 miles per gallon. The design of the car is great. Although it's a small car they made this new body style high from the ground, spacious, sporty, and unique when compared to other cars in the same price range. My Corolla is great. The trunk space will amaze you. This car also comes with fold down seats in the back which gives you more space or over spill when caring items like pictures and plants. On top of all the things that I have mentioned the Corolla has always been a great car, long lasting, and low maintenance. It will only get better!

My Corolla
By mtc on 04/20/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Average about 30-33MPG with a healthy mix of city and highway driving. I can fit my 3 teenagers in the back seat, hockey sticks up the middle and two full hockey bags in the trunk. Car starts, runs, warms up, wonderfully.

Best Car Ever
By Kristy on 04/13/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Buying a Toyota Corolla was by far one of the best choices I have made. I needed a fuel efficient car that also had a good look and feel to it. Thats exactly what I got in return.

Couldn't Get Used to It!
By KC on 04/03/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After having had a smaller SUV I thought I would enjoy a compact car. I love how the Corolla 'S' looks, but inside I feel totally unsafe, too low to the ground and I cannot see out properly. This car has blind spots, and on the California freeways I feel very vulnerable. Driving is no longer a pleasure. It is scary! This car is fine for local around-the-town errands, but I could not imagine taking it on a long trip. Gas mileage is TERRIBLE! I expected about 32 - 35 MPG but I am lucky if I get 25 - 27 MPG. My small SUV did as well as that! I am going to sell this car and go back to a smaller SUV in which I have a better field of vision and do not feel so unsafe and vulnerable.

Dealing with it.
By George on 02/13/06 01:58 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

As far as compact cars go this one was it for us. The steering wheel ought to be telescopic and we get 25-28 mpg in town vs 32. I personally don't like to drive it much unless I'm taking it up to red line or @ 100 mph in 3rd gear. I'm 5'11" & 215lb so getting out my wallet is even a hassle... that's to be expected though. Seats are way more comfortable than the Civic, at least for my semi-fat rear-end. We have the leather seats but they need to have heat as an option. Heater ducts need to point at our feet vs behind them. Too much wind & noise inside with rear windows rolled down. It would be nice to turn off the headlights when I wanted. We just wanted the most bang for the buck & reliability.

Toyota Corolla S
By Wood on 01/18/06 02:05 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Corolla is a very good looking and reliable car. It gets great gas milage (31c/h combined.) For a economy car it has a decent amount of space, and overall it gets the job done. But one major flaw is that the driver cabin is very very uncomfortable, and seats need cushioning. I'm 5'10 (average height) and when I pull the seat back for more leg room the steering wheel is too far away, and when I push the seat forward my foot rests too high on the pedal. I've tried every possible adjustment and nothing seems to work. More seating adjusments. (add power seats or pedals)

Great Car
By Morris on 01/13/06 06:44 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is our second Corolla and have never owned a vehicle as dependable as this one.