Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best Car
By Bruce

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mile round trip to and from work and this is the best car I have ever owned. Bought it new and other than tires, oil changes, serpentine belt and a new battery, that's it. The car is great. My son has a 2003 and has had the same experience. Going the speed limit I can average 43 mpg on the interstate. I now have 155,000 miles on it and am sure it will make it to at least 300,000 and beyond. This care is flawless mechanically. Now all my family including my wife and daughter have bought Toyotas.

This car has great acceleration especially for passing and getting on the interstate. You would swear you had a V8 under the hood.

The only thing I can ding the car on is that the in dash storage compartment door closure broke, but fixed it with Velcro. My son had the same thing happen on his 2003.

04 Corolla LE
By toyota faithful

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I would rate my Corolla B-. The good start off with the gas mileage which I think is great if kept tuned-up & oil change on schedule, it would save you a lot of money. Body style is cool but not made out of nothing can easy pick up dings easy. The driving on the highway gets rough due to car being so light it swings side to side when there any kind of wind I have a 92 Camry LE with 200,000 plus miles that drives much more smoother then my Corolla. Had transmission problems around 100,000 miles seem to be slipping but had the transmission fluid strain in the result work, haven't had any problem again.

Gas mileage, body style, very low maintenance

Steering wheel not comfortable for driving, better stereo & speakers, better body toughness to resist those easy to make dings.

Great Ride
By Hood

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'd still have this car if it wasn't destroyed in a car accident. I had 71k miles and the only thing I had to do was change the battery this past fall which in the grand scheme is minor. The car rode smooth and was the best as far as gas went. Very affordable!

Gas mileage, trunk space, great sound system, smooth ride, safe.

The newer versions are MP3 compatible as well they should allow you the ability to shut off the daytime lights. Upgrade to alloy wheels. Better center console - no more plastic.

Very satisfied
By eisendo

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in January 2004, and the only thing I have had to repair are the front brakes. The car is very dependable, comfortable, and gets decent mileage (25-city; 35-highway). Toyota needs to equip its cars with better OE tires than the Goodyear Integritys that came with the car... had to be replaced after 20000 miles, and they got lousy traction.

Dependability, and low operating cost.

Better driver's seating position.

80k and no problems
By David

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put a lot of miles on this car and never had any issues with it. Other than oil changes, it has never needed service of any kind. I will definitely buy another Toyota--either another Corolla or a Lexus. Excellent car.

Great gas mileage, stylish interior, and great reliability.