2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great car, poor mileage
By tc on 04/03/07 18:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Poor mileage, 26211 m / 981 g = 26.72 mpg. Awkward steering wheel, seat, foot pedal geometry. Steering wheel too far forward when seat adjusted properly for leg length, you'd have to sit in one to understand, it's more than just seat position. Fun to drive, reliable, great fit and finish. 07/08 government mileage ratings should reflect more realistic MPG. Very comfortable, lots of room, adequate power. Really poor factory Goodyear Integrity tires only lasted 25K, new Michelin Pilot replacements much better in snow, rain, cornering & MPG.

the best car that i have owned so far
By dwayne on 03/05/07 15:28 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car. it is one of the best cars that i have drove. until i drove it i never considered purchasing a toyota. but now im stuck on it.

Good, economical car
By Kelli on 02/03/07 14:24 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car that I purchased brand new.I like the dependability and reputation that the Toyota name provides. I get excellent gas mileage, I've only done oil changes & 1 tune- up, my interior still looks new, it handles well and has good pick-up for passing and entering the freeway. I like my wood grain interior; it makes my car not look as economical. There is a problem with my factory alarm, but the dealer didn't even check; they simply said I'm out of warranty. The back door won't auto-lock. I've monitored my gas mileage since the first tank & I get 1 week on 11 gallons for 350 miles. I fit into tight parking spots. My biggest complaint is the paint chips easily.

Not Impressed with Imports
By Qzardesigner on 01/30/07 10:47 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned domestic cars for 20 yrs. Bought this to test the Import waters. I am disappointed. The driver side floor mat is worn, and Toyota will not replace under warranty (Dealer replaced it as a courtesy). The lug bolts break off at the recommended torque, again not replaced under warranty (Dealer again replaced as a courtesy). The carpet in the rear seats is worn from the floor mats rubbing against it. Highway gas mileage is supposed to be 40, I get somewhere between 33 and 38. The paint on the hood is chipped from bugs hitting it. Lousy handling. If this is what you get with an import, forget it. I have problems with domestic cars, but at least I am not paying a premium for the vehicle.

Almost perfect
By rawhide on 01/28/07 21:09 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Except for it being like a tin can as far as dings in body, it has been exceptional. No mechanical problems.

Kari's review
By Kari on 01/25/07 17:40 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 2001 Chevy Blazer that had 24,000 miles upon purchase and had nothing but electrical problems, I traded it in at 36,000 mi, it was junk. In Dec 2003 I bought my 04 Corolla, it now has 70,000 miles and it's been very reliable. The only downfall is that I've had numerous moonroof problems. I have also noticed over the past few months that the alternator belt is starting to squeak, but that is just normal wear and tear to the belt. It will have to have a new belt one of these days, but big deal it's only about $15.00 at AutoZone. Most my driving is highway and I notice that it's not very well in windy conditions, but slow down and stay in right lane and you'll be okay

Fantastic and Indestructable
By Chris on 11/19/06 21:56 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I ordered my LE 5-spd manual (loaded with goodies like leather, roof, etc.), and it has provided 58,000 trouble-free miles. This is the perfect car for someone who needs an A+ commuter car with no trouble. The interior materials are first-rate, and you would be hard pressed to find anything more comfortable or better-appointed at this price. The only issue I had a center console door that failed to close, which was replaced under warranty with no hassle. Fair warning, from a car enthusiast standpoint (like myself), this car is about as exciting to drive as a washing machine. You will want to have a "fun car" in addition to this one. Also, the steering feel is scarily horrific.

Best Car for the Money
By skiprjim on 11/04/06 07:55 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car I have had it for almost 3yrs and I am the original owner.I plan on driving it to the ground.Do not compare it with hyundais or kias there is no comparison in long term reliability.

Great Car
By Jim on 10/26/06 06:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Absolutely reliable, trouble free. Just preventive maintenance. One defect repaired without charge by dealer under a technical service bulletin. Great mileage. A little noisy at high speeds. Jim

Love my Corolla
By rjr on 10/25/06 18:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Roomier than I expected. Agile, peppy. NEVER a problem, very reliable. Always runs like a top. And best of all, it uses only 6.1 L/100Km city and 5.1 highway. I save so much money on gas that it pays for the car. On one trip I used only 27.9 L to go 697 Km, 4.0 L/100Km, 58 miles/USA gallon.