2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
All in all AOK car
By lyraleblanc on 11/23/08 06:19 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest gripe: the steering wheel is too close to the dash, so if I adjust the seat for leg comfort, I can't reach it. Make steering wheel telescopic!! Handling is very good, ride a little bumpy (well, it's not a Camry). Exterior scratches very easily. My dogs ride comfortably. *Great* mileage. Did brakes/rotors at 50K, otherwise have done nothing but oil changes and it runs like a charm. Very reliable, which I love - I never have to worry about being stranded.

Very good
By Madhusudan on 11/17/08 12:39 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used last year and have driven 10,000 miles since then. So far, it is perfect. No trouble at all. My city driving (to work) should not be considered for mileage as I stop 5 minutes in total 10 minutes; even then it gives me 22. However, on hwy with cruise control (or even without) it goes beyond 40! It's amazing. I also like the huge trunk space. It runs smooth even when it is pretty cold (like 10 degrees outside).

Great Vehicle
By em on 10/04/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla about 6 months ago and I love it. I commute to school 75 miles a day, three days a week, and I save a lot of money on gas every month. My gas mileage averages out to almost 33 mpg. I had one trip that I took mostly back roads at about 55-60 mph I got nearly 40 mpg. Very reliable and comfortable.

Love my Corolla!
By Michelle on 09/20/08 01:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2004. Has LE package with upgraded wheels & sunroof. Chose 5-speed manual transmission (more fun to drive). Added leather upholstery from the dealership, which you can't get as an option from the factory-- unless you want to wait a really long time. Also added 2" receiver hitch (for slide-in bike rack), & Bluetooth/iPod compatible CD player. Low mileage so far--just turned 30K and it's 9/2008! Great gas mileage, really fun to drive. Very reliable, solid car--when you just shut the door it sounds solid, not tinny like so many other compact cars. Only complaint was the factory stereo & speakers, but now that they have been changed out, I'm completely happy with the car.

Unhappy
By dissapointed on 07/18/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great at first. As the years and miles add up more and more stuff breaks. I had to replace the transmission this year due to 'internal failures' which will not be reimbursed. All in all, a POOR CHOICE OF CAR. I will never buy a Toyota again.

Decent car!
By rahdirsv on 07/16/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a used car a month back and it had 45k miles on it; I have already put in 5000 miles on it (mostly highway) and I get an avg of 36 mpg. Got about 40-42 mpg on a recent long trip. No problems to date; engine quite noisy compared to other imported cars I have owned but great pickup and no problems passing/driving etc. I face a similar problem that a couple of other reviewers have written about: I can't get a comfortable steering wheel hold when the leg length (seat position) is adjusted right. And if I get a good steering hold for my arm length, my legs are too close to the pedals. Probably just needs a telescopic steering column.

Toyota builds the best economical car!!
By Suzie on 05/05/08 21:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had anything go wrong with this car or my 1989 Corolla except with a flat tire.The seats are comfortable and its has a nice smooth ride and bumps in the road are nothing. It handles turns and its braking is exceptional.

2004 corolla s
By jason on 01/22/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Experience has been better than I expected. Overall performance has been awesome. With my oil changes every 3000 miles and rotation of tires, manufacturer's maintenance, I have only had 1 new belt and new water pump since I bought the car. Great car as far as gas economy. 30-40 mpg. Definitely will buy again when im thru with this one. Hopefully not until 10+ yrs or more.

Disapppointed
By disappointed on 11/08/07 23:31 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Camry that I loved. It averaged 30 mpg. It was a 1993 so time for a new car. I decided to go down to a Corolla since I didn't need such a large car. But I am so disappointed. I am averaging 17 miles a gallon city driving. I took it back to the dealership and they claim that is the average for this car. Of course when I bought it the sticker said 29 mpg for city driving. I would never have purchased it if it said 17 mpg. I did buy it used. It was 3 years old with low mileage. Also was certified. But have already had dead battery twice, which they did replace.

Very Dependable Car
By Corolla LE on 10/27/07 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Corolla, and sixth Toyota vehicle. My wife loves to drive it, and she feels very secure, and safe. Gas mileage is about 29-31 MPG in the city, and it improves on the open highway. I ordered my Corolla with anti-lock brakes, side airbags, and every other safety feature that was available at the time. I find it is a quiet, and easy to drive car, and I would never hesitate to buy another. The seats are comfortable, and the driving position for my wife is good, since she is short; albeit, for myself, I find the steering wheel close to the dash, and far to reach when I push the seat back for my driving position.