Used 2004 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Nice car, but uncomfortable
By master_pate

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was originally my wife's car, but as I am now the one who needs to save on gas millage, it is now mine. I do not mind the look of this car at all. The LE actually has a pretty nice interior. The 5-speed manual also allows me to get a little more power than I would expect from a compact as well. Note, I am 5' 7". What kills me is that the steering wheel does not telescope. This is important because it's position is basically right on the dash, and the pedals are pretty high up, close to the seat. If I move seat closer to the wheel, my legs are cramped. If I move to where my legs are comfortable, my arms are completely outstretched. Worst seat/wheel design I've ever used.

Favorite Features

Wood grain looks nice on dash. The gas millage is so good that I cannot justify getting rid of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel, or pushing floor pedals further away from seat.

The Little Car
By bushleague

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After taking care of my neighbor's 1995 Corolla for 14 years I simply had to buy one. This car is everything that the '95 is and more since Toyota listens. It has more power, an adjustable driver seat, interior and truck lighting.

Favorite Features

Simple, reliable, comfortable, and economical. Did I mention fuel economy, 40+ every time. Go for the LE model as they are mostly made in Japan.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel controls for the radio would be nice.

Happy to have a decent car
By yohan

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my corolla in 04 it had 6 miles on it, I love this little car - the only problems I have had with it are a blown tail light, 1 flat tire and a blown fuse. Compared to caR I had before, a 91 Dodge Caravan, which turned into a 13 year nightmare this little car is a dream. My next car will be another Toyota.

Favorite Features

Lots of room for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Put a gated shifter in the car.

04 Corolla LE
By toyota faithful

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I would rate my Corolla B-. The good start off with the gas mileage which I think is great if kept tuned-up & oil change on schedule, it would save you a lot of money. Body style is cool but not made out of nothing can easy pick up dings easy. The driving on the highway gets rough due to car being so light it swings side to side when there any kind of wind I have a 92 Camry LE with 200,000 plus miles that drives much more smoother then my Corolla. Had transmission problems around 100,000 miles seem to be slipping but had the transmission fluid strain in the result work, haven't had any problem again.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, body style, very low maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel not comfortable for driving, better stereo & speakers, better body toughness to resist those easy to make dings.

Great Ride
By Hood

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'd still have this car if it wasn't destroyed in a car accident. I had 71k miles and the only thing I had to do was change the battery this past fall which in the grand scheme is minor. The car rode smooth and was the best as far as gas went. Very affordable!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, trunk space, great sound system, smooth ride, safe.

Suggested Improvements

The newer versions are MP3 compatible as well they should allow you the ability to shut off the daytime lights. Upgrade to alloy wheels. Better center console - no more plastic.