Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

11 years and going strong
By njohnsonga1

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 11 years and 217,960 miles. I drive a lot. This car has never broken down on me and never had any major mechanical issues. I have always gotten the oil changed on time and kept up with things such as new brakes, tires, ect. I have never had any issues with it, and if I could buy the exact same car again I would.

Excellent
By alpha_1976

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a review earlier after driving about 2K. Now it has 100K miles on it and still going strong no issues anywhere. The only maintenance done is the book. I also switched to full synthetic at 90K miles and there are no leaks or anything even after 10K miles. I might have to check my struts later but that is expected at 100K miles anyway. MPG is great.

first and best so far
By ibitamuno

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car, the drive is so much fun, the gas usage is so economical, it barely makes me scream for joy, the suspensions for the sports edition are just perfect, the sound system is great, the air conditioner is great, the drive and brakes work just perfect.... I would recommend this car to anyone, anyday. Great car, great value for your money.

Favorite Features

The airconditioner, the fuel economy and the great interior and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

None

Nice car, but uncomfortable
By master_pate

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was originally my wife's car, but as I am now the one who needs to save on gas millage, it is now mine. I do not mind the look of this car at all. The LE actually has a pretty nice interior. The 5-speed manual also allows me to get a little more power than I would expect from a compact as well. Note, I am 5' 7". What kills me is that the steering wheel does not telescope. This is important because it's position is basically right on the dash, and the pedals are pretty high up, close to the seat. If I move seat closer to the wheel, my legs are cramped. If I move to where my legs are comfortable, my arms are completely outstretched. Worst seat/wheel design I've ever used.

Favorite Features

Wood grain looks nice on dash. The gas millage is so good that I cannot justify getting rid of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel, or pushing floor pedals further away from seat.

Fuel Saver
By will199104

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Toyota Corolla for 4 years; I have never had any mechanical problems with it. The Corolla is a very reliable car but I am not impressed with the overall build quality of the car (very flimsy). The car is made from cheap materials, the interior plastic trims scratch very easily, the carpet is cheap and nasty it is impossible to vacuum. In my opinion the Corolla has a good exterior and interior design. Surprisingly it handles vey well is snowy conditions. This is a very fun car to drive. The engine has excellent pick up and gets excellent gas mileage 25/34.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, excellent pick up

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see better materials used. I would be much happier with the Corolla if had better materials and a better build quality.