2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Excellent
By alpha_1976 on 08/06/13 09:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a review earlier after driving about 2K. Now it has 100K miles on it and still going strong no issues anywhere. The only maintenance done is the book. I also switched to full synthetic at 90K miles and there are no leaks or anything even after 10K miles. I might have to check my struts later but that is expected at 100K miles anyway. MPG is great.

Dangerous car when windy!
By Barry on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the car new and we sold it after 1 year, it was too dangerous on windy days! The car change lane when strong wind! The car is noisy and it cracks in cold temperature (my camry does the same). No mechanical problems. Good mileage. My wife was afraid to drive it in strong winds because the car moves on the road (Toyota knows about it and recommend to install spoilers like the S model at $2,200!

Great Reliable car!
By Collin Chapman on 08/30/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is an amazing car. I must admit that, in my opinion, is not a good looking car at all, but if you are looking for a good, dependable car, this is it. In 90k miles I only changed the factory battery -after 5 years- the serpentine belt and water pump that was on warranty, so didn't pay for it. Other than that, oil change, filters and one set of brake pads + resurface rotors. That's it. (Note: The good thing about this car is that it does not have a timing belt, it comes with a chain instead, hence, not needing a costly replacement. It also comes with disc brakes ONLY in the front, hence, maintenance is way cheaper). The ergonomics inside are not the best, but all in all, great car.

Was great until 60K
By NYCHr on 08/06/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in 2003 as a 2004 model. It ran great and had a great MPG in mid 30s w/ low maintenance until 60K, then everything - one by one broke down. The serpentine belt, left rear wheel, radiator and rear wheel bearing that required entire hub assembly to be replaced. The ran mostly highway in the NE. I wont be buying another Toyota for a while. It feels as it is only built to last 60K, then things break down one by one. With the Toyota recall all over the news, I am starting to wonder about the build quality. Oh, the paint chips at 30-40K miles. The noise is unacceptably high as compared to my new elantra.

Poor Quality in a Corolla
By merh on 02/22/10 09:09 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My family has owned Toyota's for as long as I can remember. We had a great 1984 corolla that lasted FOREVER, over 200,000. My 2004 corolla however is not match. I am rolling up on 100,000 miles and had more small problems that I can stand. So far in the a 6ish years that I have had the car, I have had to replace the serpentine belt twice and the pulley system once. To add insult to injury, the belt started squeaking again with in a year of it being replaced! The lights on the gear shift are burnt out and I've had to have the window pulley system replaced. The steering wheel is too recessed in the dash. Toyota made the car more "lux" but definitely skimped on the quality. It feels cheap!

Kunka
By Kunka on 11/25/04 15:40 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As far as gas this car is great. As far as space in the drivers seat it sucks . I am 5'9" 190. and should do okay in it buy it is SNUG and UNCOMFORTABLE.This car is also loud and distracting on uneven and bumpy roads. Its aggravating.

MY TOY
By Proud Owner on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My sister has a 2003 Corolla and has not had any problems. This is my first Toyota purchase, and I have to say it is the best choice of vehicle that I have ever made. The car has a lot of pick-up and go, great gas mileage, all the features that I need in a vehicle and more, but most of all Toyota reliability. I have never owned a car that I can say I feel as safe as I do in the Corolla. I should have purchased a Toyota years ago!

Corolla: Great Car!
By cruisinmomma on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have never owned a Toyota before. It's a great, fun, little car to drive. I look forward to driving it for many years!

Toyota's kick ass
By MBMisHERE on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 Toyota Corolla's the first was in 1995 and the second was purchased in 2003. This car has good get up and go a good size engine and basic maintenance is a piece of cake. The gas mileage is also good on this car. I do a lot of in town stop and go driving as well as long distance driving and have had very few problems with preformance. I did have to have the rear seat cover replaced and the cd player but it was warranty work so no big deal. I would suggest this car to anyone looking for a fun sporty car with plenty of room for four adults.

Great car, sporty looks, good price
By Joshscar on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 3 months, and it has been an awsome car! I liked the LE because it had a better quality interior and more little features such as a multiple conpartment armrest, two- tone interior, etc. I choose the auto. trans., and opted for the cruise control, anti-lock brakes, side curtain airbag, and the upgraded rims. The final cost including tax and fees was $17,300, which is a lot of car for not a lots of money. My Corolla performs well, and afterall, it is a toyota- so reliability should not be an issue.