2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Nice car, but uncomfortable
By master_pate on 03/29/12 06:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was originally my wife's car, but as I am now the one who needs to save on gas millage, it is now mine. I do not mind the look of this car at all. The LE actually has a pretty nice interior. The 5-speed manual also allows me to get a little more power than I would expect from a compact as well. Note, I am 5' 7". What kills me is that the steering wheel does not telescope. This is important because it's position is basically right on the dash, and the pedals are pretty high up, close to the seat. If I move seat closer to the wheel, my legs are cramped. If I move to where my legs are comfortable, my arms are completely outstretched. Worst seat/wheel design I've ever used.

The Little Car
By bushleague on 01/05/10 15:47 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After taking care of my neighbor's 1995 Corolla for 14 years I simply had to buy one. This car is everything that the '95 is and more since Toyota listens. It has more power, an adjustable driver seat, interior and truck lighting.

Happy to have a decent car
By yohan on 04/18/09 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my corolla in 04 it had 6 miles on it, I love this little car - the only problems I have had with it are a blown tail light, 1 flat tire and a blown fuse. Compared to caR I had before, a 91 Dodge Caravan, which turned into a 13 year nightmare this little car is a dream. My next car will be another Toyota.

04 Corolla LE
By toyota faithful on 01/26/09 08:42 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I would rate my Corolla B-. The good start off with the gas mileage which I think is great if kept tuned-up & oil change on schedule, it would save you a lot of money. Body style is cool but not made out of nothing can easy pick up dings easy. The driving on the highway gets rough due to car being so light it swings side to side when there any kind of wind I have a 92 Camry LE with 200,000 plus miles that drives much more smoother then my Corolla. Had transmission problems around 100,000 miles seem to be slipping but had the transmission fluid strain in the result work, haven't had any problem again.

Great Ride
By Hood on 01/23/09 17:52 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'd still have this car if it wasn't destroyed in a car accident. I had 71k miles and the only thing I had to do was change the battery this past fall which in the grand scheme is minor. The car rode smooth and was the best as far as gas went. Very affordable!

Very good
By Madhusudan on 11/17/08 12:39 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used last year and have driven 10,000 miles since then. So far, it is perfect. No trouble at all. My city driving (to work) should not be considered for mileage as I stop 5 minutes in total 10 minutes; even then it gives me 22. However, on hwy with cruise control (or even without) it goes beyond 40! It's amazing. I also like the huge trunk space. It runs smooth even when it is pretty cold (like 10 degrees outside).

Love my Corolla!
By Michelle on 09/20/08 01:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2004. Has LE package with upgraded wheels & sunroof. Chose 5-speed manual transmission (more fun to drive). Added leather upholstery from the dealership, which you can't get as an option from the factory-- unless you want to wait a really long time. Also added 2" receiver hitch (for slide-in bike rack), & Bluetooth/iPod compatible CD player. Low mileage so far--just turned 30K and it's 9/2008! Great gas mileage, really fun to drive. Very reliable, solid car--when you just shut the door it sounds solid, not tinny like so many other compact cars. Only complaint was the factory stereo & speakers, but now that they have been changed out, I'm completely happy with the car.

Decent car!
By rahdirsv on 07/16/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a used car a month back and it had 45k miles on it; I have already put in 5000 miles on it (mostly highway) and I get an avg of 36 mpg. Got about 40-42 mpg on a recent long trip. No problems to date; engine quite noisy compared to other imported cars I have owned but great pickup and no problems passing/driving etc. I face a similar problem that a couple of other reviewers have written about: I can't get a comfortable steering wheel hold when the leg length (seat position) is adjusted right. And if I get a good steering hold for my arm length, my legs are too close to the pedals. Probably just needs a telescopic steering column.

Very Dependable Car
By Corolla LE on 10/27/07 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Corolla, and sixth Toyota vehicle. My wife loves to drive it, and she feels very secure, and safe. Gas mileage is about 29-31 MPG in the city, and it improves on the open highway. I ordered my Corolla with anti-lock brakes, side airbags, and every other safety feature that was available at the time. I find it is a quiet, and easy to drive car, and I would never hesitate to buy another. The seats are comfortable, and the driving position for my wife is good, since she is short; albeit, for myself, I find the steering wheel close to the dash, and far to reach when I push the seat back for my driving position.

the best car that i have owned so far
By dwayne on 03/05/07 15:28 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car. it is one of the best cars that i have drove. until i drove it i never considered purchasing a toyota. but now im stuck on it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »