Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 387 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

First car I test drove, bought it, love it still
By Dee

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2004 toyota corolla, for almost ten years now. I've never had such a reliable car! I replaced the battery once, three years ago, and replaced my clutch. Other than that, regular (more or less) oil changes and new tires every couple of years and it's been solid! Just got it repainted (got stuck behind a snow plow with the plow down....and no snow on the ground! Plus Sun damage), as opposed to getting into a New cat payment. So glad I did! I'm sure at 160,000 miles, I still have a a few more years left in her! :)

11 years and going strong
By njohnsonga1

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 11 years and 217,960 miles. I drive a lot. This car has never broken down on me and never had any major mechanical issues. I have always gotten the oil changed on time and kept up with things such as new brakes, tires, ect. I have never had any issues with it, and if I could buy the exact same car again I would.

Best car our family has owned
By armansaliq94

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car brand new in March of 2004 and have 219,000 miles on the odometer. Other than regular maintenance and a $90 fuse this car has never given us any problems. Originally it was brought for my dad for his commute to work and then my sister used it. Then back down to my older brother for college and now I have it for college and work. I commute 50 miles everyday for school and work and gets me 35 mpg average every time. I would not be scared to take this cross country for my spring break road trips. Very reilable car. I would recommend this car to anyone who needs cheap and reliable transportation.

Love the smoothness and quietness of the engine. The transmission shifts smoothly even after 219,000 miles.

I wish the car had a 5 speed automatic but in 2004 this was class competitive.

Excellent
By alpha_1976

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a review earlier after driving about 2K. Now it has 100K miles on it and still going strong no issues anywhere. The only maintenance done is the book. I also switched to full synthetic at 90K miles and there are no leaks or anything even after 10K miles. I might have to check my struts later but that is expected at 100K miles anyway. MPG is great.

first and best so far
By ibitamuno

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car, the drive is so much fun, the gas usage is so economical,
it barely makes me scream for joy, the suspensions for the sports edition are just perfect, the sound system is great, the air conditioner is great, the drive and brakes work just perfect.... I would recommend this car to anyone, anyday. Great car, great value for your money.

The airconditioner, the fuel economy and the great interior and exterior design.

None