2004 Toyota Corolla CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
11 years and going strong
By njohnsonga1 on 12/31/14 04:57 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 11 years and 217,960 miles. I drive a lot. This car has never broken down on me and never had any major mechanical issues. I have always gotten the oil changed on time and kept up with things such as new brakes, tires, ect. I have never had any issues with it, and if I could buy the exact same car again I would.

Best car our family has owned
By armansaliq94 on 10/28/14 07:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car brand new in March of 2004 and have 219,000 miles on the odometer. Other than regular maintenance and a $90 fuse this car has never given us any problems. Originally it was brought for my dad for his commute to work and then my sister used it. Then back down to my older brother for college and now I have it for college and work. I commute 50 miles everyday for school and work and gets me 35 mpg average every time. I would not be scared to take this cross country for my spring break road trips. Very reilable car. I would recommend this car to anyone who needs cheap and reliable transportation.

Excellent
By alpha_1976 on 08/06/13 09:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a review earlier after driving about 2K. Now it has 100K miles on it and still going strong no issues anywhere. The only maintenance done is the book. I also switched to full synthetic at 90K miles and there are no leaks or anything even after 10K miles. I might have to check my struts later but that is expected at 100K miles anyway. MPG is great.

first and best so far
By ibitamuno on 09/14/12 09:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car, the drive is so much fun, the gas usage is so economical, it barely makes me scream for joy, the suspensions for the sports edition are just perfect, the sound system is great, the air conditioner is great, the drive and brakes work just perfect.... I would recommend this car to anyone, anyday. Great car, great value for your money.

Nice car, but uncomfortable
By master_pate on 03/29/12 06:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was originally my wife's car, but as I am now the one who needs to save on gas millage, it is now mine. I do not mind the look of this car at all. The LE actually has a pretty nice interior. The 5-speed manual also allows me to get a little more power than I would expect from a compact as well. Note, I am 5' 7". What kills me is that the steering wheel does not telescope. This is important because it's position is basically right on the dash, and the pedals are pretty high up, close to the seat. If I move seat closer to the wheel, my legs are cramped. If I move to where my legs are comfortable, my arms are completely outstretched. Worst seat/wheel design I've ever used.

Fuel Saver
By will199104 on 11/18/11 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Toyota Corolla for 4 years; I have never had any mechanical problems with it. The Corolla is a very reliable car but I am not impressed with the overall build quality of the car (very flimsy). The car is made from cheap materials, the interior plastic trims scratch very easily, the carpet is cheap and nasty it is impossible to vacuum. In my opinion the Corolla has a good exterior and interior design. Surprisingly it handles vey well is snowy conditions. This is a very fun car to drive. The engine has excellent pick up and gets excellent gas mileage 25/34.

Oh how I miss my baby.
By missjessymae on 09/27/11 14:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my corolla new in 2004. She was totaled a little less than a month ago with 130+ miles on her. I believe I replaced the tires maybe 2 to 3 times in the 7 yrs I had her. The brakes I replaced once in 2006. I never had to put her in the shop for anything other than usual maintenance. I had 1 battery replacement in 2010. I would recommend to anyone...very good car.

energizer bunny
By frinkie on 06/16/11 06:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

2004 Corolla CE manual, now with 241k-plus. replaced serpentine belt at 230k, oil changes every 3-6K. getting 30-45 mpg depending on traffic congestion, weather. O2 sensor code light on for 125k but am ignoring it. Agree that car is not stable, even dangerous in cross or diagonal winds and have been blown off road when windspeed exceeds 45 mph. Have had no major problems. Engine is now running rough until you get up to speed on interstate, but it's a rough sound with no effect on acceleration, power. Had an 85 tercel that went 186k on 5 oil changes (irresponsible youth) and only died after lightning hit a BK roof and set it on fire, and a piece fell off onto the Tercel. True story.

Will Last Forever
By DW on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this used in 2004 with 20k on it, since then I've only paid for routine maintenance, brakes, tires, etc. The most reliable vehicle I've owned. If it wasn't starting to get to0 small for me I'd keep it forever.

Dangerous car when windy!
By Barry on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the car new and we sold it after 1 year, it was too dangerous on windy days! The car change lane when strong wind! The car is noisy and it cracks in cold temperature (my camry does the same). No mechanical problems. Good mileage. My wife was afraid to drive it in strong winds because the car moves on the road (Toyota knows about it and recommend to install spoilers like the S model at $2,200!