Great value for the money!
By terrib on
2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Bought my '03 Corolla used with 87,000 miles on it. I am a Home Health nurse and needed an inexpensive, reliable car with good gas mileage and a roomy trunk. This Corolla has met all my needs and then some. I have fallen in love with this car. I spend hours a day in it, minimum 500-600 miles a week in all kinds of conditions and weather and this car has not let me down yet. I now have 123,000 miles on it and plan to drive it another 120,000 +. No mechanical issues. I have only performed maintenance: replaced filters, tires, brakes, spark plugs, as well as oil changes every 3000 miles and transmission service. One small problem,have blown a fuse twice from using plug in to charge laptop computer.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy averages 33 mpg, about 50/50 city/highway. Handles superb.Trunk room,interior room. Good looking car. Extra nooks/cubbyholes for storage. Absolute dependability. You really get a lot of car for the money- a real value. It will last and last if taken care of. Did I mention 33 mpg?!?!
Suggested Improvements
Sunvisor hits rearview mirror. Blows fuses easily when using plug in charger. My carpet was already worn and pulling away when I bought it at 4 years old.