Purchased my Corolla in March 2002.
At this time (June 2011) there are 49800 miles on it.
Here is every problem I've ever had with it over 9 years in chronological order:
- steering wheel was slightly out of alignment, tilting to the left a bit; Toyota straightened it under warranty
- AC cut out while I took a 600 mile road trip; only happened once, didn't need to fix it
- squealing started off and on from the engine/belt; had belt replaced but squealing continued; sources online say it's a belt tensioner problem; happens inconsistently; haven't fixed it yet
- crackling distortion began from rear speakers
- rear wheel bearings needed replacing, $1260 for parts + labor
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.