Purchased my Corolla in March 2002.
At this time (June 2011) there are 49800 miles on it.
Here is every problem I've ever had with it over 9 years in chronological order:
- steering wheel was slightly out of alignment, tilting to the left a bit; Toyota straightened it under warranty
- AC cut out while I took a 600 mile road trip; only happened once, didn't need to fix it
- squealing started off and on from the engine/belt; had belt replaced but squealing continued; sources online say it's a belt tensioner problem; happens inconsistently; haven't fixed it yet
- crackling distortion began from rear speakers
- rear wheel bearings needed replacing, $1260 for parts + labor