6 of 20 people found this review helpful
Not As Dependable As Is Widely Believed
By dethark on
2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Purchased my Corolla in March 2002.
At this time (June 2011) there are 49800 miles on it.
Here is every problem I've ever had with it over 9 years in chronological order:
- steering wheel was slightly out of alignment, tilting to the left a bit; Toyota straightened it under warranty
- AC cut out while I took a 600 mile road trip; only happened once, didn't need to fix it
- squealing started off and on from the engine/belt; had belt replaced but squealing continued; sources online say it's a belt tensioner problem; happens inconsistently; haven't fixed it yet
- crackling distortion began from rear speakers
- rear wheel bearings needed replacing, $1260 for parts + labor