Great Car - decided to keep driving it
By Happy Camper on
2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased my !st Corolla in 1989 (a 1984 for 3K with 45k miles on it) That car lasted me for 7 years with no problems. It finally died in 1996. I would have been happy if it lasted 3 years. Then I owned a Honda Accord from 1996 to 2004. I can not remember the problems but I was not nearly as satisfied with my Honda. I went back to the Toyota Corolla in 2004 and have been happy ever since. I purchased the car used with 12k miles. It now has 123k and I have not had a single problem. Just routine maintenance, replaced tires, oil, transmission fluid, batteries. I just love the great gas mileage. With gas at 3.00/gal, I fill it up for about 25 and go almost all week.
Favorite Features
Zippy drive, easy to park, keyless entry, gas mileage, easy to understand dashboard. Outdoor temp. gage. I thought about getting a new car but with people getting 165k on the site - I decided to keep driving. Hey I do not have 30K under my mattress for a Prius IV or a loaded Camry hybrid.
Suggested Improvements
I can not plug in my cell to recharge because the fuse blows. I wish the seats were more comfortable for a long drive. I wish there was more lumbar support. If you think about it, it is more green to hold on to your old car.