Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
Miss my great Corolla
By hurt and disgusted

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car, meant to keep it many more years, until a drunk driver totaled it and left me without it. It was great on fuel economy, mostly highway driving, a great 35 to 37 mpg. It was comfortable and easy to handle, excellent braking. Reliability was excellent, nothing wrong in the 5 yrs I owned it. Now trying to find another comparable is turning into a nightmare, as prices have been hiked up for these great cars, and no 2003 or 04 models out there with low mileage.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, tilt wheel, daytime running lights,and good warning gauges. Loaded with features for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

I would add more cup holders and ashtray! But a small improvement as it was a great car.

Great Car - decided to keep driving it
By Happy Camper

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my !st Corolla in 1989 (a 1984 for 3K with 45k miles on it) That car lasted me for 7 years with no problems. It finally died in 1996. I would have been happy if it lasted 3 years. Then I owned a Honda Accord from 1996 to 2004. I can not remember the problems but I was not nearly as satisfied with my Honda. I went back to the Toyota Corolla in 2004 and have been happy ever since. I purchased the car used with 12k miles. It now has 123k and I have not had a single problem. Just routine maintenance, replaced tires, oil, transmission fluid, batteries. I just love the great gas mileage. With gas at 3.00/gal, I fill it up for about 25 and go almost all week.

Favorite Features

Zippy drive, easy to park, keyless entry, gas mileage, easy to understand dashboard. Outdoor temp. gage. I thought about getting a new car but with people getting 165k on the site - I decided to keep driving. Hey I do not have 30K under my mattress for a Prius IV or a loaded Camry hybrid.

Suggested Improvements

I can not plug in my cell to recharge because the fuse blows. I wish the seats were more comfortable for a long drive. I wish there was more lumbar support. If you think about it, it is more green to hold on to your old car.

Rock Solid
By ragged1234

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ten years ago I bought my 2003 Corolla LE brand new, and it has been rock solid in terms of reliability. In the ten years I've owned this car (115,000 miles) I have had only one repair that was not usual wear-and-tear (air conditioner went out). Everything else has stood the test of time. So I give this car a 5 in terms of value, build quality, and reliability. As for performance, comfort, and fun to drive, the Corolla is admittedly not top-of-the-line (you're not going to win races with this thing or feel like you're sitting in a recliner), and gas mileage by today's standards isn't spectacular. But, I trust this thing just as much today as I did the day I bought it and that says something.

Favorite Features

Reliable; decent gas mileage; reasonable space for a compact car (incuding back seat room)

#1 hands down
By bmatte

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car last year. had 64,000 mi on it. now has 72- not one issue yet, and im 28 w/ 5 speeding tickets.. so its needles to say that i run these things too the ground.. very impressed!!

Best car ever!
By bonnieallen

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot and 12 years, and 250,000 miles later, still running like new! Very very minimal maintenance required for this car! i have barely done oil changes and only other repairs were replacing sway bar, a sensor that went at about 180k, and thats it! Even mechanics have told me that this is one of the best cars that toyota has put out and i very much believe that.

Favorite Features

lots of room, steering is amazing

Suggested Improvements

suspension system could be a little bit better.