2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Proud to Own, but...
By KC on 08/12/05 18:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

While I am proud to this car, I find that it lacks a few horses. Overall, it is responsive throughout the band but you're pushing the limits close when needing umph to pass. Seats are comfy and ergonomics are good other than the stereo being a bit out of reach. Handles well for a front wheel drive vehicle but not a tight turning radius though. Great fuel efficiency-perfect for today's market. Needs some rims and a shark fin antenna to be completely stylish. Only one weird anomaly- the throttle stuck on me ~4500 rpm once. Really scary and dealership mechanics can't identify the problem. What can I say though Toyota's done well with this car. I am pleased!

Nice little car with electrical problems
By Ben on 07/14/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great second car - great gas mileage, sporty looks, and comfortably holds four adults. The only problems I have had have been electrical. Within two months of having the car, the daytime running lights would not turn off. I had to return to the dealership three times to finally have it fixed correctly. About a year after having the car, I noticed that when the lights were on and I hit the automatic door locks, the horn would honk. On one occasion while driving with the lights on, I hit a large bump in the road and the horn started honking one solid sound. I had to pull over and turn off the lights to stop the sound. I love this car, but there are some electrical problems.

Great Value
By Nancy on 07/10/05 17:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I have been happy with my Corolla. The gas mileage is just fantastic. I have had a few minor quality problems such as the seal around the doors coming loose. It handles well in the snow, but it is a little shaky in windy conditions.

Eh.
By Kathleen on 04/18/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Corolla in April of 2003 to replace my 1997 Geo Prizm. Mechanically, you can't complain about the Corolla. It is a sold contruction and quality materials. As a Toyota, you know it will run forever. And the gas mileage is unbeatable. On the flip side, though, this car is way too tall for its wheelbase. The first time I drove it on a windy day I was unable to stay in my lane. I did not feel safe in the car, which ultimately led me to get rid of it. The engine is kind of pokey, too. I had to floor it getting on the highway. Toyota would be wise to give a bigger engine option and stabilize the car.

Amazing Vehicle
By Joe C. on 02/03/05 00:20 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing my Corolla, I have had no complaints at all. The build quality is fantastic, and the engine has a surprising amount of pep. It blows away all of the other economy cars I've driven. I'm totally satisfied. (Note that I was the primary driver for two years prior to my purchase of this vehicle, so my review covers the entire lifetime of the vehicle)

20000 mile check-up
By usaret98 on 12/25/04 08:02 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love my car 110%. Gas mileage is excellent. Averaging 30 mpg and hit 41 mpg on first long haul. This is with the AUTO transmission. No maintanence problems. Sound system excellent. The tires slip easily in the rain. Excellent rear seat legroom

nice little car
By bigdave on 12/14/04 21:53 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

had this car about a 1.5yr. low milage for time. great gas milage !! no problems. nice solid feel. quiet. nice detailed interior and design. sharp looking exterior with nice ground effects. really not that quick. expected that with auto and small 1.8. developing a small rattle sound from back right rear door area at times. yeah and i still cannot get comfortable in drivers seat. this was noted in a major consumers mag. other than this and the rattle, excellent car.

Great car!!
By Lenny on 12/06/04 18:26 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a Jetta before. This Corolla is a beauty!! Not much to complain, except for that dashboard gap above the radio/CD, occassional dashboard rattling noise & occasional brake noise when backing up in the morning. Other than that, it's a terrific car!!!

Great Car...No Regrets
By Yasmine on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm inlove with my Corolla. I've had it for 18 months and I've had no problems; just regular maitenance. I would definitely buy this car again.

03 Corolla, Great Little Car
By ski46 on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota and I am very impressed. I have driven Honda's for many years and just wanted a change. The gas mileage is terrific, usually about 38-39 highway and 30 around town with the automatic transmission. It's quiet, roomy and very well put together. Also there is no timing belt to change like on the Honda's and a stainless steel exhaust system. These 2 items alone represent a considerable savings.