2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
corolla 2003 Mi personal point of view
By Jose Olaizola on 04/16/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like to drive my corolla, it's fun to drive and very attractive, mine is red wine, corolla 2003 with sunroof, its a comfortable car. I need more stability in curve The tires 185-65-15 are very high, much better 16 wheels, with stability rear bar and rear brake disc with abs, no drums. brakes are weak.

2003 corolla
By MITCH on 02/26/06 19:41 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Having the car x 3 years, I can safely say that it has: fairly comfortable ride, I'm spoiled with the gas mileage, great room for 5 (3 kids), and rock-of-gibralter reliability. Changing the tires to Michelins helped the handling on my mountain roads. Now if it only looked like a Mazda...

Great low cost speed
By Gene on 02/20/06 16:21 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Even with a lead foot you get 30+ MPG. It handles like it's on rails, and will beat any car in its class of the line.

let me down
By mike on 12/31/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Mileage went from ok to poor in only 5-6000 miles. Corolla started at 34mpg first tank to 27-28mpg after 5-6k miles. I have always gotten better milage than stated except for these cars. The sheet-metal on the car is too thin. It dents when you wash it. The trunk's side-walls are not 2-ply. I had a cardbord box dent out the side when driving around a corner. The padding on the seats is sub-standard. When getting in you feel the tube steel in the side bolsters. I am less than 200lbs. Toyota= D-!

A High-Profile Car
By Roo-N on 12/19/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Pros - fuel economy, mechanical reliability, overall Toyota quality, peppy, sits higher than most economy cars therefore good visibility Cons - the light weight and higher profile translates to wind intolerance, side rear-view blinds spots are dangerous, interior construction leaves a bit to be desired with squeaks and rattles, horn is pathethic.

typical toyota=reliable
By Suwanna on 12/13/05 02:35 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car to commute but i live in sf and in traffic or breezing on the freeway this car fits the bill. Gas mileage is awesome and trunk space is big enough to hold all my gear. This is my first Toyota and the reputation of it being a great reliable car is accurate. 3 years on the road and zero problems. Oil changes every 5000 miles and i'm on my way again. They are ubiquitous on the road but there is a reason for this. If you need to commute or you just don't want to think about your car... this is the car for you.

Great reliable car!
By Chris on 12/03/05 22:27 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great reliable car, especially a car for your first. Great fuel economy of the manual transmission (which I have) of highway of 40 mpg. It is comfortable. Have had no problems with it. I have S model, so it looks nice with sport package.

Great Car
By jonbond on 09/23/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car based on the reputation, gas MPG and based on the looks!! rep of Corollas is outstanding and it looked so much better than any other small car out there at the time. This car has held up to it's rep of being a GREAT reliable car!!! This car looks good and drives well and gets even better gas mpg with the manual tranny that we chose. We average with city/hwy as we always drive both during the week anywhere from 29 to 37 depending on how fast we drive that week! The AC is always on since we do live in Texas. HIGHLY recommend this car!!!!

Amazing car-economical and stylish
By great car on 09/21/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car. I have owned it for 3 years and I really liked it. No mechanical problems to speak of and it is very economical from insurance standpoint as well as gas mileage. I highly recommend this car.

Sugar, Spice, & Everything Nice!
By A.Y. on 09/17/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with the Toyota Corolla has been wonderful. I love the comfort level, it is a smooth ride. The best fuel economy out of all cars that I have ever had (I have had 4 cars including this one.)! I love the interior room. The wood paneling is okay... it looks real, but when I purchased it I thought it looked a little cheesy, but I don't pay attention to it anymore. Overall, I love this car! I wish the extras were standards. I have the moonroof which helps circulate the air when I am not using the A/C. Lots of storage. Great cupholders in front and back. Love the trunk. Plenty of space in the trunk. I love the design of this car. It handles nicely around curves,and slopes