Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 436 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Serious Car problem
By Toyota corolla s

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car only 6 months. It was a very clean and nice looking vehicle when I purchased it. I haven't had any problems with my car until the cruise control malfunction.

The seats are very comfortable and the car hugs the road very nicely. It's a smooth riding car. It's great on gas mileage. I like the thermometer on the dash for reading outside temperatures.

I had a very serious problem with my car. The cruise control malfunctioned. The brake pedal did not disengage the cruise control and the car accelerated. I was not able to stop the car. I had to ride my brakes until I was able to jump out of the car. This is a serious problem with TOYOTA!!!!!!!

Nice Car!!
By Mik

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 186,000 miles on my Corolla and the only thing that has gone wrong is the headlight bulbs burned out at about 100,000 miles. That was a $10 dollar fix I did myself. I give it regular maintenance and it runs like a champ. Great gas mileage and EXTREMELY reliable. Again, 186,000 trouble free miles!!! That is no joke.

Reliability.

5 star side crash test rating would be nice.

Corolla will last forever
By MG

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla 5 years ago and in that time I put 225000 km on it. I have not once had a problem with it. With the 5-speed it is fun to drive and super reliable! Unfortunately I got in an accident with it and it was written-off. Now it's so hard to find a second-hand Corolla with low KMs.

Great gas mileage, comes well equiped for a base model.

Switch dash lights to different color.

Gas Relief! -- The Sequel
By opie

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5.5 years and 105000 miles, I can proudly say that I have had absolutely no problems with this car! I have changed the serpentine belt, brakes and tires and that is it. It even has the original battery. Absolutely flawless reliability. I will never buy any other brand! And yes, I can still get 40+ miles per gallon on the highway. Thanks Toyota -- you made a believer out of me!

Fantastic MPGs, comfortable seats, amazing reliability, smooth and quiet ride, large trunk

Center armrest is hard as a brick, paint chips fairly easily, needs trunk button on key ring

2003 Toyota Corolla LE
By brian

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars in the world for the price and more. I love my Corolla. Turns on a dime, great gas mileage avg 25-27 mpg at speeds of 80-90 all the time. Over 6 yrs ownership, and oil changes and tire rotations are your only maintenance items needed. Excellent ride, great interior, lots extras, @ 74,000 miles it still feels new, with new tires and struts, this will feel like a brand new car. Everyone that drives in my car, complements it in one way or another. Compare it to any car out there and it can compete. Better reliability than a BMW or Mercedes for half the money.

Heater vents to the rear seats, that's Mercedes quality. Outside temp gauge, dual antennae, awesome a/c, decent trunk, easy to maintain.

Smoother functioning switches on the heater/ac. rear disc brakes would be nice, although the drum brakes work fine.