2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
corolla
By ken Irvin on 09/06/06 06:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Easy to drive,surprising power at passing speeds. Got 43 mpg on interstate.All round great car,not as plush as I would like but 1/3 the price of big gas guzzler. Will buy another one some day,,expect to get at least 250,000 miles out of this one. Have had no maintenance isuues,,oil changed every 3000 miles. Very impressed w/the quality of construction,,able to close the doors w/the push of a finger. Braking is excellent with short stopping distances. I can find no flaws in this car.

LOOKING FORWARD TO 150K
By Jeff F on 08/21/06 04:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am enjoying the heck out out my Corolla. I had to tap the gas gauge to make sure it was working I just got over 400 miles to a tank. Wow. I have the S model with manual transmission fun to drive.

Excellent
By tp13fox on 08/10/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: If you are looking for a 1st New Car to buy or lease, I recommend the Corolla. The MPG can't be beat both on Highway and city. It has excellent carrying capacity which is surprising for a car this size. For a 4 cyl it is fast and lightweight which all contribute to fuel economy. Cons: Some people like the low-rider look with low fenders which the sport model features. Downside is it easily scratched on concrete parking blocks or dips especially exitting elevated parking.

Love It!!!!!
By LaShanda on 07/28/06 17:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car. To me there are no drawbacks. It gets great mileage, looks good and is comfortable for me to drive and for others to ride.

Saving the Planet
By Bryan on 06/12/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used earlier this year. No problems with it at all so far. Drives so nice and quiet on the expressway, even more quiet than luxury cars that I have driven. I am 6'2 and the car has more than enough head room for me. It feels great to drive a car that gets 40mpg on the highway when there is so much drama about gas prices.

My Corolla
By Doug on 05/24/06 20:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have driven this car for three years with zero problems. The gas mileage is great 30-35 mpg around town. Couldn't ask for a beter car in its class.

Saving on gas big-time!
By Jon S. on 05/24/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Let's talk about gas savings first. If you trade your current car that gets 25 mpg overall, and you drive the Corolla at 35 mpg @20,000 miles a year, you will save $700 per year (based on $3 a gallon gas). Multiply that amount by the number of years you plan to keep the car, and it's hard to say no. Second, compare roominess of the 2003 or newer Corolla to any mid-size vehicle, and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the amount of available space (including the roomy trunk)! Next, look at a consumer reports buying guide for reliability, safety, and resale value. Still not convinced to dump your gas hog? Take a Corolla for a test drive, and see for yourself, before gas prices spike again.

Rattle, Squeak, Rattle, Squeak
By Nate1981 on 05/09/06 15:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, I have owned 3 Toyotas now and I cannot believe this one got past them. I bought this '03 Corolla in '05 with 40,000 miles on it. Only 5,000 miles after the sale the car began rattling in the dash. Then came the driver's door, and now the passenger door. This car rattles so bad it rivals my 1999 Oldsmobile that I traded in with 110,000 miles. Other than that the car is super great on gas. My best rating was 47 MPG on a trip to Wisconsin. I average 33 MPG city/highway (mostly highway). The car is super agile and can cut through traffic with ease. The brakes are very strong & the suspension is great! If only it had more power. Oh well, it's great for an economy car!

Luv the car and the MPG
By Votsy on 04/24/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I run my corolla 90+ miles daily to and from work. During basketball season it gets me to all my games very reliably. Great car, Great MPG.

corolla 2003 Mi personal point of view
By Jose Olaizola on 04/16/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like to drive my corolla, it's fun to drive and very attractive, mine is red wine, corolla 2003 with sunroof, its a comfortable car. I need more stability in curve The tires 185-65-15 are very high, much better 16 wheels, with stability rear bar and rear brake disc with abs, no drums. brakes are weak.